Wild meta is stale

I don’t know how standard is going right now but neptulon is way too op when cheated out in wild. Open the way gate too easy to get done quickly, too consistent too fast, shuts out so many control decks. Having infinite turns/winning the game on turn 9 or 10 is not a healthy deck to have in the game. Juggernaut kind of the same story but not as bad. Pirate decks are mind numbingly boring to play and play against, always have been and they’ve been played since the archetype was created. All wild rogue decks seem a little nuts and borderline op. I think that the overall power level of wild decks going down a bit opens up a lot of room for players to play a wider variety of decks, makes the game more fun. Nerfing the top decks as well as buffing some cards that act as anti-bs tools, like spreading plague going back down to 5 mana, might help and make wild a little more playable. Seeing the same decks conquer the wild meta for years really grinds my gears and kind of makes me want to vomit. Those are my thoughts, hope this gets seen and considered by blizzard upvote if you agree.

3 Likes

Personally, and as a mage main in wild, I can say I would never play the nonsense Open the Waygate decks. It’s not fun to play or play against. It’s way to easy to complete the loop currently and I don’t think endless turns should ever be in any meta.
Having Iksar as lead developer MAY get a few more eyes on wild because he’s a wild player, but that’s mere speculation on my part.

7 Likes

I haven’t played much recently except casual- are games REALLY lasting past turn 9 regularly in wild ranked right now?? Huge improvement from the last time I played, which wasn’t really all that long ago lol

2 Likes

I play dumpster wild to cheese achievements and I haven’t seen the same deck twice, tbh.

Ofc the low ranks in wild are really bad and no one uses meta decks.

1 Like

Yep. It’s like stepping back in time. I’ve seen some really, really bad players and decks. lol.

2 Likes

The implication being that you see the meta as “good” no matter the form it takes?

Meta=good, casual=bad?

I mean, it’s a logical stance to take, but I submit that it’s a stance which directly reduces the joy we take in a game and thereby defeats the entire purpose lol

Well, wild is a much more casual mode than standard is.

I never played below diamond in standard so I’m not sure what % of players uses meta decks in there.

Low ranks in wild (bronze to platinum) are usually casual players playing their homebrew decks or old players making a return.

Obv they are not playing very well either.

Top tier meta decks in wild are very uncommon at low ranks because any of those would win 90% of their games unless the pilot is completely braindead.

2 Likes

I think there’s many things wrong with wild that it’s probably too much stuff to fix. A lot of matches can feel like complete non games just based off matchup. Then there’s ridiculously quick combos too, had a pillager rogue go off on turn 5 while I was at 40 health. Yeah, maybe great draws, still 0 fun to play against.

To be real though I’m probably just burnt out on hearthstone. Like I’ll play a match or two but I don’t even complete daily’s and the only reason I complete weeklies is cause of ranked wins. Just, doesn’t feel as fun as it used to.

1 Like

Quest Mage hasn’t changed it always won when it got the quest completed. Now instead of infinite fireball its Infinte Turns. Same difference you lose when they get their quest done and pop off. It’s not any more unfair than any other of the combo decks in Wild from any other class either. Doing 1 damage a turn for 1000000 turbs is the same as doing 1000000 damage in 1 turn. An infinite loop combo is no different than an OTK combo so why are the OTK combo in Wild faif and infinite turn unfair?

I have always been an advocate for more Disruption options if you really wanted to stick it to a particular deck as the expense of your other matchups but any time any kind of disruption gets printed no matter how bad it is people lose their minds.

1 Like

What I don’t understand is players trying to win games in Wild with Standard decks.

WTH? Why they try something like this? No chance a dirty Standard peasant can defeat a glorious Wild master race. :rofl:

1 Like

Have you ever actually played it recently though? At least for me I’m finding that it’s really challenging to survive long enough to most of the meta decks. It’s probably not even a top 5 deck when you consider how powerful juggernaut paladin, shaman and druid are, then maybe just maybe the big priest/shaman might also just edge it out.

If the game gives you the cards to play an at least semi-viable deck you might as well run it.

1 Like

As recently as last season, maybe 3 weeks ago or so. I wanted to see how easy it was to finish the quest.
I think the main problem with the exodia decks is player agency, and it feeling really bad to lose to. I understand the combo needs to be assembled and that takes time, but it’s not too hard. Easier than infinite fireball meta imo.
I just don’t like it I guess. Same with pillager rogue. I die on turn 5 or 6 to them and it just feels so cheesy. And look at my name, I normally live for cheese!