Why does my volume setting reset to 100% when i start the game?

Can anyone help here plz?

Made already a bug post but no responses

It is happening because once upon the time you run the game with elevated rights (“as administrator”) and now the volume levl is read from one Windows registry tree while is written in another. It cannot be helped without complete turning off registry virtualization that I wouldn’t recommend to unprepared users.

1 Like

Why am i the only one that is affectet of this? never heard someone else writing about this

maybe other people don’t run the game in administrative mode?

Another possibility could be that your Windows enables in/output values to be “taken over” by programs. If you are familiar with Window Setting, open the Sounds window, look for Output and

• click it’s device properties (window opens)
  • click additional device properties in upper right of the window (small window opens)
  • click on the tab Advanced, locate Exclusive Mode ca. middle of window and UNcheck the checkbox “allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”
  • click Apply down right and close window.

If you use a mic with your device and it likes to get loud and quiet, too, you can repeat the drill:
Flip back a page from Output to Sound and look for Input further down on page.

• click Input’s device properties (window opens)
  • click additional device properties in upper right of the window (small window opens)
  • click on the tab Advanced, locate Exclusive Mode ca. middle of window and UNcheck the checkbox “allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”
    click Apply down right and close window.
  • close Settings window

This should prevent any program from tampering with your mic and loudspeaker settings.

IF the checkboxes were already unchecked, just forget what
I wrote. :wink: