Why does Battleground needs 2GB RAM to run?

Most phones nowadays don’t have 2GB RAM, lol. What’s with the sudden increase in hardware requirement?

I want to play the game on my phone.

not so sudden they mentioned it on BG announcement

and they also said they are working on decreasing this requirement

The RAM isn’t as big a problem as the time clock running down too quickly. I can only get part way through a match before not having enough time to upgrade. My hardware (iPad air) takes all of the available decision time to load so I am back into the next battle without having been able to upgrade. Frustrating. Adding more time between battles would fix the problem for me.

1 Like

You can run it with less. I have been running it on a Kindle fire with 1.5 GB and I get a popup saying it may not run smoothly, but I haven’t had any issues playing so far.

Wut

2 Likes

My phone has 4gb of ram but I must confess I don’t understand what about it is so taxing.

Probably Unity code and 8 people playing 'n sync* in a - eh - tavern.
In the last patch notes they wrote s/th about optimizing the code for “lesser” hardware…

And, when you finally
Get to find a new phone
Guess what?
It’s gonna be an iPhone!
:yum:

What modern phone doesn’t have at least 2GB of RAM? My S7 has 4GB of RAM.

Its simple.

Badly optimized software = higher hardware requirements

It was always like that

Beta status, there is still hope.

Most Android phones in the $400-$500 price tag don’t have 2GB Ram. And I’m not ready to spend $1,000 on the newest Samsung or Apple’s phone.

What? I have android phone “ready to be crushed, drowned in beer and forgotten in a pub” for 100 EUR or so and it has 2 GB RAM

Stop running things off a toaster and upgrade already lol.

What are you talking about? A S7 cost like $150 on ebay new. Even an S5 has 2GB of ram.

They said that but my friend has an iphone 6 with 1GB of ram and it’s working for him.