Why do we have to wait so long for a rogue nerf?

Yet mage would get nerfed instantly??? Also what the hell will they actually nerf every single card in rogue. They have everything, damage, draw, removal, immunity. Nothing will change after the patch I bet.

2 Likes

Just hit face and rogue loses, they have no healing

1 Like

THERE are no counters, how hard is it that to understand?

What we need is a series of 2 patches. The first one has Maestra always disguise as Mage. The second patch would be inevitable.

Face Hunter has a 34.6% winrate against Thief Rogue. That’s bad.
But Face Hunter has a 70.7% winrate against Poison Rogue. That’s good.

2 Likes

Of course there are. What you WANT though is a deck that counters both popular rogue matchups while also beating the majority of the other popular decks in the meta…That also isn’t a new Rogue archetype (pure speculation on that last part). That doesn’t exist.

On this we can agree. You will still exaggerate and complain, regardless of what the Meta becomes.

Might I suggest playing some Ping Mage in the mean time? According to the free version of HSReplay, they appear to be virtually even against Poison Rouge and slightly favored against Thief (Might be reading this backwards, but even if I am, it’s still damn close.)

1 Like

It’s true. I don’t think there is any rational explanation for these classes retaining such viability and being played at such high frequency. I don’t understand this.

For the longest time I denied there are double standards when correcting classes. The major delay here in working on these classes (namely rogue) makes it impossible not to see this.

1 Like

What major delay? Rogue started be on top since Dec 20 after the last balance patch.

This puts us in around 3 or 4 weeks if the nerfs do come on the 25th.

Outside of maybe some fringe exception (e.g stealer of souls getting banned in wild), the only kind of patch that is faster than that is the first patch of every expansion that happens 2 or 3 weeks in. That’s where the meme “mage get nerfed immediately” came to be, but the speed of that has more to do with it being a new expansion than some sort of double standard.

Even if we insist that there is a delay (for there to be a delay, we are assuming there was some original promised date, and AFAIK Bliz doesn’t promise anything, not even that first patch after new expansion), I wouldn’t call a week or two “major”. It’s not like this is the first time Bliz delayed patches due to something like a tournament.

Perhaps I’m wrong. However, I consider this patch delayed because, in my opinion (not only mine, really), there’s a significant issue in that Poison & Thief Rogues combined comprise around 33.77% of the legend meta. You’re more likely to see rogues in disguise as you are to see the classes they are disguised as in some cases.

But, you’re right in that this patch isn’t necessarily off the typical schedule. I believe expediting the patch is justified, though, and in that regard I consider this a delay.

Edit: Here is a summary of the latest VS podcast. They seem to agree.

Actually, compared to the first balance patch in each of the last two years, this patch is considerably later.

Last year, the patch that nerfed Edwin and Boggspine Knuckles came on Jan. 8:

And in 2020, the first balance patch hitting seven cards came on Jan. 9:

So, they definitely can and do put out balance patches earlier than they are this time.

For this patch, the most likely explanation is that one or more of the balance changes needed to come in a client patch. Since they can only release a client patch every two or three weeks at the fastest, they needed to roll the balance changes into the upcoming big patch for BGs, Duels and Mercs. The alternative would have been to push balance changes early, but push the upcoming big update (and likely the mini-set after that) back several weeks.

So, likely, they chose the current route not because it’s a great option, but because it was the lesser evil.

1 Like

What gets me is all of the forum regulars that always have loads of complaints and multiple threads when they think mage is too good, but We haven’t seen many of them around for Rogue, or any other class. This Forum hears crickets.
You know who you are.

1 Like

Yeah, just come up with better board presence than a 0 mana 4/5 Rush that can be shadow-stepped to heal or attack again and then hit the Rogue in the face. Easy as can be.

(And then you do that and your board gets vanished anyway)

1 Like

Thing is, these are the same devs that “nerfed mage over feelings”

In other words, how big of an issue something is isn’t the be all and end all for how fast Bliz acts. Something that isn’t considered a big issue could be nerfed, while something that is considered a big issue could be left until whenever Bliz decides to patch it on their schedule.

QFT. This could not be more apparent. Sometimes I have trouble comprehending T5’s decision-making, or lack thereof. Personally, I see the current state of affairs as a significant issue. I suppose it isn’t to the Hearthstone gods, however.

We can only hope some sanity is restored come the 25th.

I’m glad I was able to get to legend this season as now I may switch to quest-mode as there’s no intention in fighting with all those rogues around. Let 'em play with themselves.

May it be that Blizz will see decrease in participation numbers and learn a lesson for future.

It’s a difference in priorities.

People who complain obviously think balancing ranked mode is the most important thing in the world, but that doesn’t mean Bliz thinks so.

Again, these are the devs who could nerf some tier 3/4 deck because of feelings. Or the whole “unfun and uninteractive” bit. There are other factors besides win rates or play rates or whatever number.

And beyond just looking at ranked mode, there are other modes (which is why they’re hyping up all this talk about BGs or duels and pushed mercs previously). To the lay player those ranked matches are all that matters, but to Bliz they are looking at the whole game, and that includes even the low ranked players who people love to mock as being stuck in bronze or how they lost to a tier 4 deck whenever they whine about mage.

The players that “we” (not you personally, just the community in general) can afford to mock and piss off, Bliz cannot. Ditto those who you think whine about nonsense and absurd things or don’t know what they’re talking about. Ditto the people you may think are whiners and hating on a class for no good reason. Bliz still has to give them the minimal amount of respect as players and customers.

1 Like

I’m reminded of a quote from Scrotie. That is, my fun is no more important than anyone else’s fun. This cannot be closer to the truth. I’m personally coming from a place at which I only play standard. And so, of course, the ranked standard meta is most important to me. My priorities evidently, as you point out, differ from T5’s.

1 Like

They do have cloak of shadows and shadowcrafter scabbs though, giving them a 2 turn invulnerability and an extra free turn via vanish.

Just make shank and cloak legendaries instead. Makes 0 sense why you’re able to run 2 of them with the current powerlevel.

VS has speculated that there is some technical issue that is preventing a faster patch. ZachO points out that they’ve acted significantly faster for significantly less offensive balance issues in the past, so for them to sit on their butts right now indicates there is some internal problem going on.

Rogue is not the problem… youre the problem

Check the deck tiers and Rogue is no where to be found.
Rogue was at the bottom for the longest time and BLZ lost money as a result, theyre not going to do that again.
When Rogue does well>>> BLZ does well

This is just a Mage rant and Rogue is an easy target