Why do Mages have EXCLUSIVITY of "you'll win by round 10"?

There was not a Slinging spells at your face deck.

Frozen Touch never made a deck by itself, it was at best a secondary wincon.

It’d revert back to nothing, because it’d cease to exist.

Yeah, going: I don’t like this card, it shouldn’t exist knowing taht the class will crumble without it is shortsighted at best.

They’ve designed midrange out of existence, though. There are the occasional outliers, but decks are overwhelmingly either pure aggro or “here’s five lethal-thread boards, clear them all or die” or outright OTKs.

1 Like

Yeah, that is the major design failure of hearthstone over the years. They could reset it, but I don’t expect them to.

Multiple times, if necessary. As quest mage showed.

I mean, tell that to the full boards of dragons that come down every turn after turn 7. Or whatever rogue is doing.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it was the best deck even then. Questline Warlock started off as a monster. But at first, yes, it was tier 1.

Then they nerfed it to Tier 2, and people still kept playing it. So they nerfed it again, even though the expansion released Questline Warrior upon the meta in full force and that shift by itself had already reduced Questline Mage to Tier 3, so the nerf took it to Tier 4.

Then the mages just switched to the Tier 3 Mozaki and were still around. You can’t get rid of Mages with nerfs, they have diamond hands.

1 Like