Why do I always barely win?

Whenever my opponent’s win, they beat me with overwhelming highrolls, perfect draw, playing on a perfect curve.

My wins however, are always down to the most minute margins. I only have JUST ENOUGH to get my opponent’s HP down to zero. 1 HP less and I would lose the game.

I am forced to play perfect on every turn, while my opponents always have massive leeway. They can make mistake after mistake and still cruise to a victory

1 Like

It depends on what deck your using. Do you have enough curve to survive and win.

1 Like

It’s either a bad deck, a bad player, or bias.

5 Likes

Do you want the harsh truth or a cushiony soft lie?

This happens to me too. cant be coincidence

Do you play ANYTHING other than a variant of beast hunter? If so, this can be explained by the fact that beast hunter is (overwhelmingly) statistically favored to win in many MUs, basically if you play anything BUT beast hunter you will feel like you are constantly coming from behind and sneaking in a victory when you do.

Every game I win vs beast hunter basically feels like I’m playing around every card, planning every play as best I can, while the hunter is just dropping whatever he has on curve lol. I mean its like hard-mode simulator, I don’t mind that too much, but ad nauseum its not fun.

My suggestion, either

1. Join the ranks on mindless hunter players that just drop on curve and win, OR
  2. Take a break from the game.
1 Like

Why not both? :man_shrugging:

if you’re playing miracle rogue or boon priest thats fairly normal

How about the harshest of truths. That way he can improve greatly.

I think you’re probably suffering from a little confirmation bias here. No offense. It might be productive for you to share some losing replays so as we can look and see where you might have gone wrong. It’s also helpful to have a better player spectate you while you play. You can visit the Commoners’ Guild discord, which I’ll include below. There you can probably find such players and also just socialize.

InB4 you get gas lighted…ah to late.

1 Like

Pardon, but what do you mean?

I’ll assume you are exaggerating a bit. With 300 posts you probably have been playing this game a little while and I simply don’t believe this has always been the case. So confirmation bias aside, there are some reasons for this happening.

Unfortunately, they are almost all L2P issues. That’s not to say you aren’t playing well, but there is always room for improvement.

Do you play a wide variety of decks, a select few or maybe just 1 at a time? Learning to play even a single deck optimally, against all other decks, is far more challenging than people might assume. A single mistake, however small, could snowball into a loss. Learning the deck(s) you play is great so you are able to improvise when needed, but you should learn every matchup and have a plan from the start in order to minimize mistakes. Using the same broad strategy against all face/aggro decks for example, could end up giving some of your opponents an extra turn or two when they could have been dead already.

Without more information from your end, I can only guess of course. You may even already do what I suggest. From personal experience though, I had very similar issues until someone suggested this to me and I made adjustments.

No, it’s more about my opponents. Yesterday, I made some custom decks just to finish the weekly quest. So I wasn’t really playing to win. I just wanted to progress the weekly quest.

I faced Murloc shamans who ended the game by turn 4 because of being spoon fed perfect draws, I faced Pirate Warriors who had 2 cannoniers and a weapon on board by turn 4. Etc etc

Again, I was only playing to finish the weekly quests. Regardless of what deck I played or if I played to win or lose, my opponents constantly get highroll after highroll

Are you thinking that rigging is somehow involved here?