Why didn’t the Ice Block come in the spell: Jaina’s Gift?

Why didn’t the spell: Ice Block come in the spell: Jaina’s Gift???

Why don’t you create strong and interesting cards for mages?? If you’re a mage, you keep getting this rubbish in the form of cards, so annihilate the mage class at once and completely dust off all the rubbish cards that mages always get!!

i think they wanted a spell from each spell school in the thing, and a spell that cost 2,3 and 4.

Ice block isnt even in standard. Why would they put it in the gift?

2 Likes

It is a known problematic card that has no place being easily accessible.

3 Likes

Imagine Wandmaker giving your opponent a 3rd Ice Block.

1 Like

It makes me angry to answer a stupid question!! So why does the druid’s spell give a wild mode spell (* Wild Growth)?? The mage can’t?? Why can only other classes??

2 Likes

Ice Block? That thing has it’s place in Mercenaries, Jaina in particular having that talisman — PvP bugs notwithstanding (who wants to play PvP nowadays anyway)… That’s probably all.

Well, that’s quite a comparison… Perhaps even more so than a War Golem vs Dr. Boom.

1 Like

You asked the same question in 2 different forums, you clearly already WERE ANGRY lol

I don’t know if this would be the hilarious complaint on the forums, or mages complaining that ice block is awful because of plague DK bypassing it.

Obviously it would be both. In the same thread. Arguing with each other.

Chef’s kiss in a way. Part of me wants it.

That card is called the Paveling Book. If you know you know.

1 Like

What I’m really surprised by is that gifts like Thralls gift got one AOE at least in the form of lightning storm yet there is no AOE in Jaina’s gift when that’s often one of the only answers for mage to how fast other classes can produce a full board from an empty one…

mage doesn’t have good cheap AOE in basic set from original hearthstone. they have arcane explosion, cone of cold, blizzard and flamestrike. arcane explosion is now strictly worse than fan of knives due to fan being buffed by -1 mana cost. Would you really want the gift to have a 6 or 7 cost gift potential option? seems pricey.

Because it was the dumbest card every invented for mages.

Sif mage with access to ice block in standard would be basically an unstoppable deck. Giving a class access to a card these days is giving them 4 to 6 copies of that card thanks to card generation. 4 to 6 turns of stall, you really want that? For mage that number might be higher due to how much discover they have.

1 Like

Well even like cone of cold though might be good because Mage has so little taunt/other defense so it could potentially hold off an incursion by say, the toxic cancerous dogcrap taht is the stellar golem or whatever it’s called for priest which is only 1 mana and gets buffed by each other one you play…

1 Like

Because Mage can’t have nothing good.

Lets give em unlimited copiesnin wild xD