Why are people so angry about the heroic brawl this time?

I don’t think you’ve said this enough. Please do it five more times so the rest of the world and I could educate ourselves further regarding your happinees. , Unless you were only posting to me all this while.

5 times more so my little brain can absorb, visualise and TRY to imagine and experience the MAGNITUDE OF FUN that rules your royal cornish pasty universe.

Yeah, skills levels. :smirk: Tell me about it in HS… or even roulette, if you will. Before we go any furthrer, a demonstration (it’s an old one and I’ve linked it elsewhere in the context of bots, but no matter):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tav_ttqyv9Q

Let me sum up: it’s a match of a rather intelligent and skillful ‘pro’ player against a dumb BOT.

This game isn’t chess, you know.

What’s more, I’ve written extensively about the subject, don’t feel like repeating myself, so let me self-quote a little:

What’s more, we aren’t even talking about the ladder here — it’s almost a closed tournament. I think you might be overlooking the fact that if one player wins, the other always loses, and the ramifications of it.

So, you know, even if a ‘shark’ might have an 80% winrate in the open sea, chiefly against ‘small fishes’, if you put twelve sharks in a tank, half of them will lose on average, no matter how sharp their teeth are.

You know, it reminids me of an old factoid how the vast majority of professors (I don’t recall the exact number, but it matters not) considered themselves above average in some study — tells something about self-esteem, but that’s not the point: you can’t have more than a half of a group perform above average, roughly speaking, by definition.

Oh, look, another ‘ridiculous’ poster. I don’t feel like deconstructing the whole fallacy of this pile of textual rubbish, just gonna specify one more point: this whole ‘heroic brawl’ shebang has always been a terrible deal (see, for example, another old video by OG [1]), designed to drain gold or money from players, except this time it’s with the aforementioned ‘carrot’ to lure them into it.
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vd0p41YLs0

And now is also a skin behind it aswell, that requires 3wins.
And not just any skin, but one of the new Shiny DK, and there first (and so far only) female skin

To lure more people in loosing gold right before a mini-set

2 Likes

Yeah, the hype…

And that too, yes, exactly.

You made this absolutely laughable statement,

“even if they were listening, do you think they’d monitor what you do with your log? This quest is just scripted to be there, if you discard it, the server probably doesn’t care.”

You are a troll and we can see you have no clue what you’re talking about. We can disregard everything you say. Post on your main account (it’s banned isn’t it lmfao). Get educated :slight_smile:

Oh, I forgot to reply to this.

Yeah, if they can’t even read a few words in the quest log or shop, they definitely are gonna manage on the forum. :rofl: Just look at all those duplicate topics and such — what more definitive proof could one have?

For example:

Actually, those quests have been announced in 25.2 Patch Notes, the point being highlighted explicitly (see below), but those people probably dont read them either, do they?

On February 1, the fan-favorite Heroic Tavern Brawl (Standard format) is back for more grueling competition! This time, there will be a new special Legendary Quest tied to the Brawl for those who want to earn something they can use to show off their skill. Win 3 games in this Heroic Tavern Brawl and you’ll get the new Ghoul Queen Scarlet Death Knight Hero Skin in addition to your other prizes! There will also be a Legendary Quest for players to win one game of any type in order to get a Standard Pack, so there is something for all players, even those who don’t want to participate in the Heroic Tavern Brawl.

Oh, look, this has been drinking again… :roll_eyes: ‘Seeing triple?’

PS [1], [2], [3]

Not yet but I will be tonight. Even if I was drunk I could see what a clown you are, lol #wrekt ; )

I think it’s fine, except for the netdeckers. I mean, it’s Tavern Brawl. It’s a place to experiment and have fun.

1 Like

Not in the ‘heroic’ version, apparently.

Can’t really blame the netdeckers for playing the same decks they play in standard, considering the tavern brawl literally is just standard.

1 Like

i dont want to spend 1000 gold for 1 pack

1 Like

I’m not the one to stand up for netdeckers — quite the opposite, in fact. This time, however, it would be more understandable than ever: if you lose a game in ranked play, especially with some goofy deck you play for fun, that’s it, not the end of the world (unless your really want those 11 stars for whatever reason) — however, in this kind of brawl your lose a lot of gold or money, and the most realistic way for most players, probably, to increase their chances of winning is to use a strong and optimised netdeck. If you wanna mess about or something, I see absolutely no reason to pay in order to enter a constructed Standard brawl when you can just play constructed Standard.

PS On the other hand, a good point raised about ordinary tavern brawls. For example, there was this one, Rokara vs Tavish: I tried replaying it in order to get different interactions between characters, but many of my opponents would powerplay and counter-pick hero powers representing various companions, rather than pursue the same goal. Alright, there are packs and weekly quests for winning in a tavern brawl, but what about playing in them for fun at least sometimes?

This brawl and quest is terrible for a number of reasons.

#1: It’s the first female death knight portrait and it’s locked away behind a HUGE gold sink.
#2: 1000 gold doesn’t guarantee you’re going to get it. If the quest way PLAY 3 rounds in Heroic Brawl, I doubt anyone would have a problem with it. Because then you’re just paying your 1000 gold and getting a skin even if you lose.
#3: Like a lot of people I already have all the cards from this expansion. I don’t need any packs so even if I got 3 wins in one go, it is an overall waste of gold.

3 Likes

Except this one is 100% not
and is not designed to be.

First of all IT COSTS GOLD
a 1000 even.
And if dont get 6+wins you dont get the gold value back

Netdecker is such a redundant overused word on the forums it seems.
I mean, what is the biggie about people using decks created by other people?
Noone would complain about them if these netdecks lose? (then theyed be called netdeckbots).

Indvdual homebrewed decks are posted all the time for others to try, if someone uses that are they a netdecker too? And?

The sites that publish these decks make money, so is it their fault too for posting these decks? Not everyone has the time creativity to build their own. And most of these netdeckers just lazy and none of them are trying at all to affect anyones fun. lol.

I may be off, but im really seeing so many negative mentions about them.
I dont get?

Whenever people hate on netdecking, they’re just hating on meta decks without saying it.

I did. I got more mad, punched the mirror and ended with 7 years of bad luck, and also big cuts on my hands.

Well, while you can’t always be absolutely original, the set of cards being limited and so on, but this is one’s main strategy, then, how do I put it… Let me explain this with an analogy: if one mostly prefers to eat something that… someone else has already eaten before them, then what are they? An answer that would pass the filter of bad words is: a netdecker. :grinning:

On the other hand, while I was answering this, it just hit me: your nickname seems to have a Chinese flavour or something like it (please excuse me if I’m wrong, I don’t mean to assume anything bad or offend anyone). Moreover, I’ve read that in Chinese culture, such kind of replication is viewed differently from, for example, the Western one: copying the work of a master is considered a sign of respect, i.e. positively, and not as plagiarism or being a ‘copycat’, which is a negative thing — dunno how true that is, I’m no expert, but so I’ve read. Thus, could we be talking about cultural differences here?

Well, let’s put it another way: the presence of a ‘heroic’ Tavern Brawl means the abscense of a playground to mess about and have fun in that would normally be there in its place. If the girl’s (or at least so I assume) complaint is about it, I can totally understand it.

And pay 5000-6000 gold? Thanks Blizzard, you guys are geniuesues.

1 Like

Spend 1000 gold for a portrait or Spend 1000 gold to get 10 packs. Which is better?