Why am I playing old players as a new?

Keep getting matched against old players (can tell because of their card backs). They also have full decks of all the cool kid cards like Leeroy’s and such. How are they managing to get in the new player ladder?

Edit: Don’t bother I have decided to not play if this is how Blizzard treats brand new players I don’t want to have anything to do with them…Cya

1 Like

When you reached rank 25 you are not new any more.

1 Like

You must be an old old player…

The way it works now is your put into a beginner only ladder that has 50 ranks after you graduate from that you go in with the big boys.

I know what is happening a bunch of people are staying in this beginner ladder on purpose to farm money as they are rocking t1 decks against noobs and easily beating them by turn 5-6.

Blizz needs to look into this.

1 Like

What game are you talking about? In Hearthstone it is impossible to get gold for wins and stay on the same rank at the same time because… you know… when you win your rank is growing. 3 wins - one rank up. All you can get on the way from rank 50 to 25 is 250 gold max. Even less if you forget to lose every third game.

Standard player experience for the 2 1/2 years I have been registered.

‘Registered’ because I don’t ‘play’ because of exactly what you say, initially you think you will stand a chance but then it slowly dawns on you that it isn’t get any better and there isn’t any weighting or class divisions of players.

You are all in the same class no matter how bad/good your deck and considered equal.

At that point - very early on - you have to decide what you want from the game other than winning.

If you can’t find your own objectives - completing dailies win or lose for example - then yes there is nothing here for you.

1 Like

Some are like me, playing for more than a year now. Get 5 ranked wins for a card back then just do quests rest if the month. No plans of ranking up.

1 Like

Just came back after a year or so away… yea… after an hour or so with a deck i managed to make thats soso… not wasting my time. Tried rank… and that was a joke, and toooo hard to catch up unless i want to spend a few hundred on a game lol… Yea… wont be going back to HS until they help new/returning players a little better.