Whizzbang set Review[mage]

Here i’m again to review another set of cards for mage after some days playing.

Hidden object

It is a very average card. Has some sinergies in the class when you understand that it’s 1 card split into 2 but nothing really amazing.

Spot the Difference

Junk.

Cold case was a better card and don’t have that high of a restriction.
Everything cold case was from really powerful this card Just don’t.
And on top of that this is for spell only decks.

Triplewick

Slighty above average

It does it’s job really good by being a flexible card for both help with multiple small enemy Minions or doing face damage.
It can’t bring elemental mage to playability alone but is a right step in that direction.

Watercolor artist

I can see how it can be a powerful card but i’m also believe that the spell you should combine with him just does not exist yet.

Frost lich Cross Stich

Just not good as it is now. Maybe the buff helps.

Sleet skater
It’s basically a tech card.
It Will be good as long as people play big minions.

Manifacturing error

If that was printed some years ago would justify a spell mage alone.
But nowadays is a very meh card not because it is bad but because it’s investment can and in many times will cost you the game.

Khadgar

Is nerf material.
While people are sad that It does not do always the optimal play rather than doing something positive randomly.

I say that it is already one of the strongest standalone cards in the game and if it always did optimal plays It would be the strongest standalone card in hearthstone history by a long margin.

I have a theory that blizzard made this card as a way to disuade mage players from spamming no minion mage because they know people would do even with it not being good.

Yogg in the box

Strong card for no minion mage but not enough to justify the deck.

Galactic projection orb

Is that type of card that will break someday but for now is Just a flashy funny card that is okay but not amazing.

Why would Khadgar be nerf material while Viper is in Standard. Again, just a good card.

Because by that metric no weapon should never be nerf.

Or minion because dirty rat exists.

Tech are hate cards that should be used in very specific situations.

When a tech turns into your daily card It means people are countering something broken.

Basically high usage of some tech means an unhealthy metagame.
Because people are literally thinking about countering you as a condition to be viable.

Viper is the best tech card, premium stats and low enough cost to justify an inclusion. Plus it’s tradeable. I have had 5 Khadgar weapons destroyed by Viper bec people are including it for Paladin.

No shot Khadgar is getting nerfed bec with Viper it’s too easy a counter.

It is not getting nerfed because mage decks aren’t nerf worth.

Period.
The instant they get this card is with a big X on it’s back.

So you admit it’s not nerf material.
Next time just say he is OP to not cause confusion.

No.

I’m saying that we don’t nerf anything to balance cards in a vacuum.

But the instant that we get the context were decks are nerf(strong mage deck) the first target is the card that is unbalanced even in a vacuum.

AKA Khadgar.

Basically if rainbow mage turns out to be a real deal Khadgar days are counted.

So a card that can draw you into fatigue ,fire ball an out of range minion on a full board and polymorph your own board is “nerf material” yikes.

Damn Mage standards for nerfs are rough…

Data don’t lie.

It is something you should put on every mage deck that isn’t no minion mage (AKA any decent deck) despite of it’s decisions not being briliant.

Doing something small for 6 turns is strong.