White screen when trying to open app

I downloaded hearthstone for the first time on my macbook but when I try to open it from battle.net all it does is give me a white screen. I tried what other people have said to do and nothing has worked.

Hey, Josh! What have you tried so far?

There’s a few steps known to resolve the white screen issue, if you’ve already tried some of these steps, feel free to retry or skip them.

• Disable Streaming. Go to the Blizzard Application, at the Top Left Blizzard Logo, head to Setting > Streaming. Uncheck Streaming.

• Disable hardware acceleration:

1. Go to Settings > General
    2. Scroll down to Advanced.
    3. Uncheck “Use browser hardware acceleration when available.”
  • Clear the Hearthstone settings file.

1. Press Windows + R or search for the Run Prompt.
    2. Type in, %localappdata%\Blizzard
    3. Delete the Hearthstone folder.
    4. Launch Hearthstone.

This should recreate the Hearthstone folder, if needed, a Scan and Repair can be run.

If the problem continues, could you gather a DxDiag file? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

I wasn’t able to clear the hearthstone settings file because I don’t have a windows key on my mac.

2 Likes

I’m confused by the Blizzard response as this is a MAC forum and a WINDOWS fix was given. What is the MAC solution for this problem? I too experience a white screen when trying to run Hearthstone on my MAC.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.