Which expansions will be retired at the end of the Year?

Would it be a good idea to dust them before this, assuming I don’t care about having older cards for Wild?

No, it wouldn’t, since no expansions will rotate. They only rotate at the start of the “year”, and this is the final expansion of the current year.

1 Like

I wouldn’t dust anyway. I made the mistake of dusting to keep up with standard. You’ll destroy fun decks to play a mode which requires constant reinvestment. Only dust when you’re building a deck. Save everything else to either play or dust when nerfed.

2 Likes

Once per year with the release of the first expansion, usually in April, the rotation takes place.
This Set will Rotates in April 2022:
Ashes of Outland - Rotates 2022.
Scholomance Academy - Rotates 2022.
Madness at the Darkmoon Faire - Rotates 2022.

It’s never a good idea to dust any card, cause you only get like a 1/4 in value out of a card. Only Dust when the card get nerf, or when you create a new deck that you like and the card you gonna dust belong to the class you will never play anyway, only then go do it.

As time goes by you will find that wild is funnier to mess with, Standard is a money sinkhole, your favorite deck will rotate and you can never play it again if you chose to dust those card.

1 Like

Also, play some friendly games with someone who owns a deck before you craft it if at all possible. Some decks sound fun but suck while others are powerhouses but not fun to play.

can someone explain this please? standard is presumably what you all are calling the hearthstone button, correct? I’ve only just started playing last month or so and only obtained cards through play. are some of these cards going to become unplayable because of the new expansion? also, what is “wild” mode? thanks.

1 Like

Standard and wild are both the hearthstone button. They’re also called constructed since you build a deck.

Standard only allows cards from the current and previous year, though “year” really means “cycle” because it typically starts around March.

Wild allows all card from all expansions except for a few specific cards which are banned. If you’re new you may not have unlocked wild yet. I don’t remember what it takes for that but I wouldn’t worry about it. Wild is exactly what it sounds like and is filled with broken interactions so is probably best avoided by new players.

2 Likes

thank you for the info =)

1 Like