When whizzbang rotates out, what recipes are offered?

?
Isn’t he a standard card, which means he will eventually be rotated?

My point exactly. He will be effectively downgraded once he rotates to wild.

Technically yes, but like Genn & Baku rotating early, I think they might make an exception to the rule.

Doesn’t matter actually, as the key concern is still whether whizzbang will only offer subpar recipes in wild. Recipes that work in standard after all is not as useful in wild.

But if he remains standard legal, there is no reason for him to work well in wild… Just like he doesnt now!

Those recipes barely “work” on standard, they’re made so that one can test the flavor of the expansion, yes wizhbang as part of the classic or basic set would be the best idea but they can always rerelease him as another lego in future expansions/adventures.

1 Like

Oh turn why did I craft it in the past? Is whizzbang a card that underperforms even against a “free” auto complete feature? How is this fair to us who spent gold and dust on it?

Making him evergreen is fair to those who spent dust on him as he will remain unchanged, and not be useless.

If his feature is already provided for free as per the auto complete feature - then what’s the purpose of it in wild? Sure he gives you access to standard cards you don’t own, but it’s meaningless in wild!

It’s not autocomplete, its the deck recipes that he uses! Create a deck and 4 options are there.

1. Basic, not offered
    2 & 3. Recipes whizz offers
  2. Custom
1 Like

Sure he gives you access to standard cards you don’t own, but it’s meaningless in wild!

He has never been useful in wild tho, so I don’t get your complaint… in standard the decks were sorta useful. In wild, not so much.

1 Like

Oh that is exactly the point I am making! I am a wild player who is affected by this, and so are the other tens of thousands (conservatively) of wild players who have whizzbang

He was never designed for wild players! He’s a STANDARD card, so keep him in standard. Unless you use him, in wild, now, you’re not affected one bit!!!

1 Like

Well tell that to the devs when this rotates to wild!

There is already a petition, one of 100s since he was revealed, to keep him in standard created very recently. That’s what should happen.

Where can this petition be found, and have the devs been notified on Reddit?

Right there, its only a dozen or so posts down from yours…

LOL at the reddit meme tho, so true!

1 Like

Hello Iksar, this will fall under the category of “necessary changes” when this card gets rotated to wild (players will be shortchanged as it only provides standard recipes, which are also not strong even in standard). Would this card be nerfed too, or added to classic set?

Anything is possible with this card at this point. The development team has already proven that decisions on their part can be made based on new accommodations.

I can highly see Whizbang being kept in Standard indefinitely. How they could do that is through several ways.

• offer him as a classic Legendary
  • keep him in the Boomsday Expansion, but make him Standard Legal

We’ve already seen them change cards, rotate cards early from different expansions, unnerf cards, buff them, this shouldn’t be a surprise if they keep Whizbang in the Standard ladder indefinitely. Rules at this point should be taken with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Let’s hope the devs see this and not be overwhelmed with the new cards and miss this out!