What's your star bonus?

I’m about to hit diamond as well and will have 2 stars left…if I hit Diamond 5 I should have 1 left which means I’ll get to Legend extremely fast…but I thought the stars stop at Diamond 5 so I’m not sure what happens to that last star…does it just go away?

And if so, that means there really isn’t much of a difference between 9 stars and 11 stars if they just go away at Diamond 5. There’s almost no difference.

I think people who got 11 stars were high ranked within legend. I bet that when they get to diamond rank 5 they still have 2 stars where you and I will just have 1 star. 1 star just means a star for a win and also lose a star for a loss.

Star bonuses don’t stop at Diamond 5, but win streaks do.

And the star bonus is a multiplier, so a 1x star bonus does nothing.

Wait… I thought it was the opposite. Star bonus multipliers stop at dia 5 but you can still get the win streak bonus?

This is what I got - made it to Bronze 3, best Galakrond Prologue, got stuck on Outland Prologue - can’t beat Mannoroth. No idea how I’m supposed to win that one…

Waiting for somebody to post a YouTube video - that’s probably enough HS for me today.

And here’s a tweet with Celestalon’s reply about the bonus star multiplier still being available at Diamond 5 (which would only apply if you started with a bonus of 11):

1 Like

But if 1 star doesn’t do anything then why do they make it a point to say there is a zero star bonus (run out of star bonuses). A 1 star bonus isn’t “running out”.

And if you get 11 star bonus, that means you would have had 2 stars remaining at Diamond 5…do those just go away?

Rank 15 -> 8 bonus stars
From what I’ve seen on the other responses on this post mine seems off.

That seems like a lot yeah, but just go with it! We will all be legend rank soon with how easy it is. 51% active players and counting…

As far as I know, if you started with an 11 star bonus, you should still have a multiplier of 2 that doesn’t go away at Diamond 5.

The bonus is a multiplier, so when it hits 1, that is when it runs out. Because X*1=X.

gotcha, that makes sense. So getting an 11 star bonus means getting legend would be super easy.

This method really is terrible for people who are lower rank.

The climb to legend from Rank 5 was fairly tiresome having to win 26 games over losses. Imagine being at Gold 1 right now and you’re out of star bonuses…yikes.

So basically, getting legend is easy if you’ve already gotten legend, but getting legend is even more difficult for players who haven’t been there before.

Yes, this system is definitely more difficult to get to legend in a single month if you’re starting with a low star multiplier.

But if you think about it over the course of several months: if you can just hit the next one or two ranks floors this month, then next month you’ll receive a star bonus high enough to help you back to that level. And then you can repeat the process to build your star multiplier from month to month to put you into easier striking distance of legend.

So, it actually can end up working a lot like the previous system where you only lost 4 ranks a month and could slowly push your way higher over the course of time.

1 Like

For a while now I only played enough to get to rank 5, getting 10 bonus stars was pretty surprising.

I see how it works for sure now Schyla. I started with 10 stars like you and I just hit diamond 5 and no longer have a single star bonus. Plus there is no longer win streak bonus at 5.

Started with 9 stars from rank 6(wasn’t ranking last month, but had a startling win streak from a homebrew and hopped from 14 to 6 on the 1st before I went to bed)

Havent had much time to play but I hit the lowest tier of… platinum I think? The one after Gold, anyway, this morning. I

You got 10? I was rank 3 and only got 9 bonus stars. I’m sad now.

8 Stars for a Rank 8 finish.

I got rank 1 wild and got 10 stars.

Got 9 stars but I was rank 20 or something due to not playing ranked. This new system made me try ranked again and I’m already Diamond 10 but I lost my stars. This is first time ever I feel like I should atleast try to get to Legend (I have always stopped at Rank 5 before).

I have a 8 star bonus :slight_smile: stuck at platinum 5, the highest i got was 2 star plat or 3.
Hoping to hit diamond before ashes hit , my usual rank is 9 with rank 6 being the highest I’ve been each respective season.

And recently i been trying to be high ranked in both ranks i am also platinum in wild.