What should I do until I have money for this game?

I plan to do some role playing later some how like I used to in TESL. I just need productive direction to get this rolling. Any suggestions?

You should play it and do all quests to earn gold, buy some packs as needed and improve your skills, once you got a good enough rank you can enter the drafting mode: Arena to try your best to draft a deck to earn gold and packs with three loss streaks. Good luck.

arena is usally good for beginners, it lets you focus on improving your gameplay that doesnt require to much combo style interactions while also getting packs and more gold.

2 Likes

The game is unfortunately pay to win and it takes about an average of $200 every 3 months for you to enjoy the game. I rather give you fair warning than to lure you into a false narrative that many people here will give you.

If you choose the free to play route, the best way to save resources is to:

The daily quests and the quests that come with the new player experience.

Play the adventures that are free and the free wings of the adventures that are not free for the cards and/or packs you can get from them.

When obtaining packs that you have not previously opened, you are guaranteed a legendary from that set within the first 10 packs you open. After that the average is about 20-30 packs b4 you will get another legendary (with a pity timer of 40 packs if you have not receive one yet). So with this in mind I would focus on opening up to 10 packs from a set until you earn a legendary and then opening packs from another set until you get a legendary from that set and repeat with every set.

Don’t be in a rush to craft cards unless you really have read up on how good the card is vs how often it sees play in the most degenerate decks. If you really like the card then also you can craft it.

Arena mode is also is a good way to earn resources but it has a high skill ceiling for you to be good in it.

Hearthstone is a loot box heavy game and one of the most expensive mobile/pc games ever made. It will either take you about $600+ dollars a year or a enough time to be considered a 2nd job in order for you to fully enjoy it.

and most importantly: dont listen to toxic forum trolls such as SrChatto who are only commenting to discourage players from enjoying a game.

3 Likes

funny how i invest neither of those and still enjoy the game aswell as consistently place in legend.

2 Likes