What happened that caused the price to increase eightfold?

All Hearthstone card packs in the Argentina region have increased eightfold today and I have not received any notification.

Is this a technical issue or has fk Blizzard done something? I require an explanation.

2 Likes

Has to be some sort of mistake. You should reach out to them on Twitter and/or Reddit.

It isn’t.

They basically ended the price regionalization policy.

Now everyone pays the same price as EUA.

They justified that with an increase on people using VPN to buy packs on Brazil.

My prices here are than double what they were.

Oh, man… that’s tough news. I’ve heard of the VPN abuse, but I don’t know how players that aren’t especially and relatively wealthy in places Brazil are meant to afford this.

1 Like

You don’t.

Just Go F2P or stop.
That simple.

1 Like

you shouldve got runestones i saw people recomedning to people living in countries to buy as many runestones as they could afford because there was a good chance the regionalized prices could change but runestones prices wouldnt change

Nah.

I got it BUT i personally okay regarding collection and can just sit on my Gold forever.

Just not buying anything with money anymore.

I sad for who can’t afford that.

1 Like

Argentina has annual inflation approach 100%… so it’s actually not that unexpected that prices for digital goods sold there would also be increasing rapidly.

1 Like

Probably unrelated given it was all regional pricing just not Argentina

do you have a number?

I doubt they would bother for a couple of people. But if say 30% of world wide sales are through vpn’s in areas with regional pricing? I could see them doing it.

Should’ve been doing this before the recent price increase for several countries tbh. Money talks.

High energy prices have destroyed a lot of big importing nations currencies as they can’t afford to pay the high rates. Argentina is also on the verge of defaulting again.

The regionalization pricing is still usually better than just pricing stuff in directly in USD and making customers pay the foreign exchange rate. Of course doing the USD pricing would cause most weak currency regions to totally abandon the game.