What do you want nerfed? (Standard)

I would make amalgam bigger and more expensive or a 2/2 for 3 mana.

Bubble bot 2/2 for 4 mana

Give warlock some kind of shackle of pain instead of curses. So self DMG also DMG the warlocks opponent. Would not work in mirror match i guess tho.

All quest rewards 7 mana so opponents actually have a chance to interact.

Hunter quest hero power cost 1 on first tier and target minions on tier 2.

Remove mech mages infinate mech generation.

Rouge gnoll loses rush or make it not possible to play it on turn 2 by just getting it in starting hand.

Give priest some good dragon cards on par with the class pirates and mechs.

DH dubble attack can’t attack face if the first attack attacked a minion.

Bring back vanilla stats value standards.

It’s a bit early to tell what needs to be nerfed or not, so my suggestions are based on the individual power level of these cards and if it feels frustrating to face them, if it’s necessary to tech against them or if they make some matchups too polarizing. Again, I don’t know if nerfing these would make for a better meta:

Rokara - back to 5 armor, add “your minions health can’t go below 1 this turn” to the battlecry
Nellie - create non-legendary pirates
Azsharan Defector - 3/2
Cariel Hero - weapon loses durability when attacking
Seafloor Gateway - costs can’t be reduced below (1)
Guff Hero - battlecry and HP give empty mana crystals
Nourish - gain empty mana crystals
Snowfury Guardian - freeze 5 random minions

Other possible changes:

Radar Detector - 3-mana?
Righteous Defense - 4-mana?
Security Automaton - 2/2?
Gaia - deal damage only to minions?
Mecha Shark - 4-mana 5/4?
Shield Shatter - deal 4 damage? (or Frozen Buckler - gain 8 armor, lose 4 next turn?)
Shield Block - rotate out?
From the Depths - reduce costs by 2?
Wildpaw Caverns - 2/4 elementals? (then buff Bearon to 6-mana to compensate)
Tamsin Hero - 7-mana?
Wildpaw Gnoll - discounted only by non-rogue cards?

4 Likes

Seafloor gateway, radar detector, cariel weapon, guff

Making legendaries non discoverable would be nice.

man, in current meta warrior EASY can have a +10 armor almost whole time, pumping it with spells or other, and this makes the problem where a 1 mana single dmg spell can easy kill a 10/10 minion, or another deal mass AoE 5 dmg for a ZERO COST, or get free insta K.O to a minion with a 4 mana 4/5 dragon with Taunt…

as a damn Rogue, to get a K.O on a minion i must use a single standalone K.O spell for 4 mana, or put a 5 mana sunkeneer 4/4 WHICH NEEDS COMBINATION to make a pseudo removal to the bottom of the enemy deck to remove anything…

warriors literally have a 5 dmg AoE for FREE COST in most of the plays, a 1 mana K.O spell aswell and a 4 mana dragon Taunt 4/5 with another K.O abbility, and i dont consider the another 1 mana 5 dmg hit spell to minion if we have a pirate in play…

the amout of Armor pumped by warrior are really anyoing + the OFC last resort Kazakusan spamm and Nellie Smite lame toxic plays

2 Likes

I may be being salty, but I’m surprised Dreadprison Glaive.

It’s kinda like that epic mech from Gvg that gives your minions DS, windfufy, etc. Can be really annoying.

1 Like

We just had a massive balance batch just three days, ago. I don’t think anything needs nerfed; leave the meta alone for a bit.

That’s a good pick. I forgot about that minion. It can be job done if you play her at the right time with the right board. In terms of mechs, I think Security Automation is crazy good.

This topic isn’t intended to endorse any of the suggestions made. This is entirely hypothetical and for fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seeing as they just did a massive nerf/buff, I would let the meta settle for a bit.

They effectively killed the last questline from UIS to see competitive play in standard; I’m betting it won’t stop people from the usual complaining about quests though.

This topic is entirely hypothetical and for fun. I agree that before we seriously make suggestions we should probably wait and see what we get after about a week or two.

1 Like

Nerf the parrot into the ground instead then. Snowfall wouldn’t be considered such a problem if Shaman didn’t have access to so many ways to double or repeat its battlecry.

Well, to start, I’d say:

Dragonbane Shot- Revert the nerf, or make it 3 damage at the current cost. I’m looking at Arcane Shot being only 1 mana. The honourable kill effect should cost 1 mana. The card has essentially been killed in both wild and standard.

Mecha Shark- 4 Mana, 4/4, or keep current stats and can only hit minions.
It’s very problematic in some wild match ups and player agency is a factor here.

Righteous Defense- to 4 Mana. This is effectively hard removal and a huge hard buff.

Shard of the Naru- to 2 mana. 1 mana silence everything and being tradable is just broken…mass dispel is 3 more mana and only draws one card.

Nellie- Discover non legendary pirates

Guff- Gain 1 full mana crystal or two empty

Frozen Buckler- Remove from game

Overdraft- Remove from game

Wildpaw Gnoll- Increase by 1 mana, but grant charge.

extremely weak bait.

It isn’t bait, though I’m sorry you see it as such. My thinking was, judging by the topics I see every day, that this could be an interesting outlet to propose nerfs and discuss those propositions.

I just want all quests to go away. I like the idea in that it relates to World of Warcraft. I just think designing an entire deck around a single card and it’s power crept reward draws away from the cohesion of different archetypes in the meta.

Every time they make a quest, change a hero power dramatically or create a hero card in general, they either ruin the class by locking it into the limited design template, create an underwhelming sense of purpose and build an entire deckset (wasting cards that could be more valuable to different archetypes - see quest rogue SI etc, etc.) or they miss the mark entirely and the singular card goes unnoticed (see paladin quest).

That and I hate the idea and playing against Quest Hunter. Hunters don’t cast spells - regardless if you design them to be equivalent to them shooting arrows in the artwork - no hero power should cost 0 and despite them having just been nerfed, they still bore the hell out of me.

1 Like

I take it you are a wild player? In standard, the only quests being run are run hunter and priest. The QH is pretty bad now if data since patch-release is accurate. QP is even more niche and hardly playable, at least at lower ranks.

I forgot about Quest Warrior, but that’s hardly played at all in my experience. And by that I mean, not at all because I can’t remember seeing any for some time.

The issue with quests, at least the most recent iteration of them, is one simple fact. They start in your hand. It’s a type of deck that builds up to a combo but lacks the weakness of bricking out if it can’t reach the combo before a faster deck kills them.

Take Quest Hunter and Raza Priest as the most obvious example of the difference. Raza Priest needs to draw two one of cards in its deck in order to start its ability to do its combo while Quest Hunter just needs enough of the required cards to complete the quest since the key card is always drawn.

Not all quests are good but the problem is if they are good then they are incredibly consistent. And consistency gets old if it happens too much in a game like this.

2 Likes

Yes hunter quest, pirate quest is just to easy because the pirates have so much synergy and there is so many that you can just run them all and just play them all over after the other.

Rouge and warlocks quest are made to easy because the have just got a bunch of cards tailored to their quest, so there is no drawback to completing tiers. Like warlock taking DMG, but then then have a ton of cards that just make taking DMG trivial. The reward are pretty bad for rouge and warlock tho so.

The priest quest is the only one where you actually have to overcome some challage. Because you need to have the right cost cards, you have to play the full cost in one card so unusually you only play one thing per turn so no combos. There are so many drawbacks to trying to complete the quest. As there should be.

Quests would be fine if the tiers came with drawbacks when you try to complete them. Like instead of playing pirates. Maby play two different tribes in one turn. Play three different tribes in a turn. So you actually have to sacrifice something early game to get the quest rewards later. Instead of just playing powerful pirates every turn until you get a massive reward.

My opponents should be nerfed.

I should get two mana every turn, and they get one.

That simply wouldn’t work, guy. And don’t act like you don’t care about how you represent you, we’re here.