What do I need to know about Battlegrounds?

My friend showed me this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Vda4zdUXU
And has encourage me to play HS battlegrounds. I played dota underlords, but it seems like a different mechanic here.

I’m curious what are the important key points to keep in mind as a beginner? I’m quite competitive when it comes to rankings and I don’t want to be at the bottom tier after calibration.

Coming from a newb whos played more then 4 years:

I tend to stay low and I mean by staying low, you do your thing…
when picking your hero pick the best one… it come with time… when playing your first turn pick the minion which is best stats or the game plan that you want like all demons, all dragons… because they over powered…
also if you want to push face early stick with it dont be afraid of not upgrading tiers…

if you wana play normal plaqn then just upgrade at your first chance just stay in the game stay low… do the normal thing hoping that you will learn as you play more… you know what I mean… first have that mentality to get into the game… because I find it overwhelming just keeping up with these players not even talking about being competitive… also depends on game to game… just stay low do you your thing you will learn as you go… other will say go youtube… its very enjoying to learn by watching the philosophy is we learn by doing we multiply our knowledge and exp infinitely…

Hol’ up…Battlegrounds hasn’t even been out for 4 years. And please god STOP using so many ellipsis it makes me so angry and I don’t know why.

Edit: None of this is helpful advice at all, most of it is just random non-sense, some of it not even about giving advice.

How is he supposed to know what the best hero is? Picking the best minion at 3 gold doesn’t have to BE about your game plan either. You can’t “push face”, you have to form a good board with minions that support each other or deal big boy damage, not whatever the heck you’re on about.

“do the normal thing”, WHAT NORMAL THING?! How is he supposed to know what the ‘normal thing’ IS? Multiply knowledge and exp?! WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT

Listen OP, if you want to learn how to play the game, it’s probably just best to learn as you go. The gamemode is pretty simple and if you have any troubles, just head on the forums or use google/youtube.