Well gets old quick

So I played this for about a week and have decided it’s not the rabbit hole I want to go down.

I’m curious though what people have spent on this game per victory is ranked mode? For F2P players, how many hours earning rewards x a fair hourly rate for what you do for a living might give an idea of the cost to you for the wins.

I’m seeing 50 cents per victory or more.

Well, not every game is for everyone, so if you are not enjoying it at this stage, it is probably wise to get out before you “waste” more resources (money, time, etc.).

That being said, you should probably re examine your approach to games, games are meant to be fun, a way to relax and spend free time on, not a business proposition, or a source of stress. Because then all the time and money you spend on the game is worth it, having fun is the reward itself.

Either way, before you go try other things in the game other than winning in ranked, try fun deck building, arena, or the PVE content, you might find a silver lining somewhere. Good luck!

3 Likes

I agree with Thanatos. Hearthstone is meant to be all about having some fun in a very, very casual setting. It’s like Magic the Gathering, for everybody. That’s why it’s so popular. That, and it’s available mobile. That said, if you don’t enjoy playing a game for the fun of playing the game, don’t play. Like that’s something every Pro player will tell you.

Don’t play the game just to grind to Legend 1, because you will honestly hate the game. There are just so many losing streaks you WILL endeavor, and people will OTK you on turn 4 and stuff like that when you get to super high elo games… It’s not going to be fun for you if you’re cursing the screen out every time you don’t get a close game.

That said, to answer your question. Arena is in a really crappy spot in my opinion right now… Way back when you’d tell the F2P player to just spam Arena every week with their gold and get ahead… I honestly WOULDN’T suggest that in today Arena… You have better luck just spamming casual for 100 gold out of 100 wins in a day rewards wise…

It’s a great game, don’t get me wrong! Way more fun than alternatives in my opinion, but if you don’t enjoy doing silly shenanigans and losing games it’s definitely not the best game to pick up. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not Kibler, giggling as I get my skull beat in by some Token Druid with 50 damage on board or whatever, but you gotta just have a little fun with it anyways.

There are a lot of F2P decks to try though, and they will break Rank 5 with hard work and determination, maybe even Legend. That said, nothing in life is easy if it came free.