Welcome Dragon Druid overlords - vS 298

And, as predicted, Combo Druid is now running the meta already. It only has 2 counters in Diamond - Legend and those counters are only at like 44% and 49%.

Your new overlords are here.

I just faced one and their turn 5 is Titan + taunt from Titan + a board full of 3-5 attack minions.

Turn 5.

There’s really no reason to not play Combo Druid. It just got pushed over the edge and this is the deck you’re going to see for the next 3-4 weeks.

2 Likes

Used to be a Highlander Pure control DK but with Reno at 10 and Druid so popular a regular deck plays better. It beats Druids handily because even if they get the Doomkin combo working it only takes 3-5 mana to clear a board with either Threads or Corpse Explosion. Close out games with Foamrender and/or minions.

Exactly. That was the original intent for the deck as well as game against Warlock decks.

Yeah, I know that deck so well because I played it for the most of the season (I had short run with Rainbow Reno version but it struggled against big boards).

Running at 100% WR against Paladin so it’s a bit sad when you see both flood and handbuff Paladins having board after board removed. Good times.

Well they adjusted the deck. It’s now just building a board and going for the easy Swipe OTK and clear your board simultaneously. Not really sure how to combat this now. Can handle the board but they are basically playing with 4+ fireballs that cost 3 and clear the opponents board. That’s your problem right there.

1 Like

Oh yeah that’s like the 4th win condition that deck has. I hit a dude with 3 swipes yesterday.

Marin spell draw and fill your hand with copies hit the location and I got 7 of them. :rofl:

11 / 8 swipe 3 times to face. Hahaha

1 Like

I think the fix is take swipe off the gift and bump the whelp up 1. That would probably make the deck more reasonable.

Looks like since everyone wants to play druid now there’s a plague of Mages. Face is the place.

Id drop the mana return on the taunt dragon by 1 or 2.

It’d significantly weaken the deck’s turn 3 or 4 tempo bomb. Getting a free 3/4 taunt that early just snowballs the rest of the game.

2 Likes

That would be okay except for the curve of Whelp, Whelp, Doomkin then Doomkin. Most decks cannot really operate sitting at 4 mana while the opponent is on 10. Highly aggressive decks can do it but those are very few in the meta and really this kind of curve makes the game unfun for most decks to play against.

Perhaps Doomkin to 7 or 8 so it’s not as smooth a curve into it? Doubtful they give the dragon a bump to 6 and 5 wouldn’t be enough for them to care.

I mean, perfect curves like that are pretty much auto wins for most decks.

Nowadays with just about any meta deck you have a “if they curve like this you basically can’t win” scenario.

I find giftwrapped, whelp, 2x dragons, flower child, doomkin to be a more oppressive curve for most decks to handle.

Stopping that 2x dragon turn basically ends the deck being tier 1.

2 Likes