Weaponized Piñata & Brightwing: the way to go

These two cards strike a perfect balance between generating new cards in your hand that make your deck less monotonous and boring, and the over-efficiency of “discover” cards that allow you to just pick the perfect tool to counter every situation, despite not having said tool in your hand in the first place.

In my opinion, we need more of these.
Cards that generate RANDOM cards. They create diversity in gameplay without the ability to be abused.

Thoughts?

randomness has single handedly made the game worse, so no.

I personally like Discover more. It gives you more control over it and thus adds more strategy. Sometimes with randomness you end up with a pretty useless card. With Discover you can at least pick what seems to be at least decent. I mean it’s nothing like Zephrys where you get always the perfect card.

I once made a deck around Hench-Clan Burgler because it did seem to always provide a really good card for the situation almost like Zephrys. But playing with it I can say that it really isn’t anything like Zephrys. It’s just very good but not overly powerful.

Anyways, because of the additional element of strategy involved I would rather see more Discover cards. Of course over all classes. And they kind of do that. With Galakrond’s Awakening we got for example Boom Squad for Warrior and Twisted Knowledge for Warlock. Very nice additions for keeping the game fresh if you’re interested in that kind of playstyle.

If only there would be a mode where you could play with your own rules like no randomness and Discover anymore…

The argument has been made that you no longer win games with your deck, but rather with the cards you discover.

we just need to allow class bans. that would encourage blizzard to get off the bums and fix the game. sense try hards would not get to just run the game.

And what will people complain about next? I think something like “Tables” that allows you to play the game exactly the way you want is much better. I don’t see how class bans would reduce the frequency of Randomness/Discover you encounter, but if you like to you could do any of that in this “Tables” mode.

I dont think you can play any card game with out randomness since card draw is inherently random.

Yeah, I guess… although technically not. Did you look at this “Tables” mode suggestion? I don’t know if that would be a good idea, but you could in theory have a rule that makes it so that players draw cards always in a specific order if you want that. Could be interesting. I’m just saying that such a mode could allow for a custom game that’s more to your liking. Wouldn’t that be great?

1 Like