Warrior deck thread

So, I rarely see Warrior mentioned, because flashier, more annoying cards have everyone’s focus, but I’m having a lot of fun with the new cards in this set.

The rush and handbuffs synergies give the feeling like quest shaman (one of my all time favorite standard decks): a flexible archetype to work within and adapt to the meta. ETC gives you something of a finisher, but the deck can win without it. And it feels like you have a pretty decent shot against any deck, if you play it right (maybe not celestial druid).

Anyone else rocking with Warrior this expansion?

5 Likes

I really like Rokara as an addition to the whole rush package, but I really havent been playing Warrior much. When I have, I’ve mostly been playing Big Warrior with a list that’s nearly the same as it was last expansion.

3 Likes

Yeah, big warrior is fun too, but I like a more proactive deck. I haven’t crafted Rokara yet, I like the copy effect a little better for 3 Mana (especially with handbuffs)

Do you use Bulk Up? I still need to complete the Gym Buddies achievement

1 Like

Rush Warriors do feel strong. At times, I even feel its tempo outpace Paladin’s secrets. Alexstrasza is also a very good finisher and also provides the option for the needed heal . Samuro provides good AOE when needed. Overall, the synergy is very strong. I am actually very surprised why the winrate appears to be quite respectable while it isn’t the case for me. And I guess that’s why no one complains or mentions about it? Or no one plays it at lower ranks?

1 Like

Samuro is such a great card. I’ve mostly used him in Priest combined with Apotheosis for a AOE + massive heal, but I can see him being very strong in rush Warrior as well.

i used to play berserk/rush warrior back in witchwood or a little later. I don’t know how come i haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like

The warrior generally plays poorly. ETK is the finish card. When dealing with the ETK early, it just lies in the hand like an unnecessary card - garbage. I think that the warrior will play in the next addon, when there will be a strengthening of heavy decks and control decks. The warrior will play in full force in the next addon!

I might play it, if I get better warrior cards. So far my legendaries from this set are Flurgl and Cariel Roame, and at least one that I dusted on sight. Rokara is strong. I got her on my board once with a Yogg wheel spin, along with several minions who had Rush thanks to Yogg.

1 Like

I am playing a rush warrior and it’s very fun!

The only problem is that I would like to add: Samuro, the prime and the frenzy legendary, which I am missing.
I am also missing ETC, so the deck doesn’t win much.
Instead, I am using rattlegore (useless) and grommash (surprisingly good).

I do, it’s pretty solid as a flexible card and you can usually have a big enough hand to get some use out of it, and of course makes your copies better for removal. If the meta gets more token/aggro I’d cut it, tho.

Looks like VS thinks Rush Warrior is the strongest deck in Standard right now

1 Like

Its stat line is fine to just play on curve if you’re up against an aggro deck where you won’t need the burst finish. That’s where the flexibility of the deck shines, its playstyle is actually adaptible to the decks your facing, which is what I look for and is increasingly hard to find in hearthstone.

Rush Warrior doesn’t need ETC, my list doesn’t run it and I’m having a 80% winrate in high diamond to legend. I agree this is the best deck in the game right now a tad bit above Paladin. The card that was stopping Warrior before was Lunacy on 2, not anymore.

I’m having a lot of fun with rush warrior. It’s my best deck in ranked.

Any warrior players out there — or mage players willing to advise — how do I beat Mage?

6/10 matches I’m pitted against Mage and I lose 5/6 of those. My gains in ranked have stagnated.

I’ve tried going aggro and that doesn’t do enough damage because the minions are unbuffed and weak, so I’ve settled on setting up the buff plays. The match goes on too long, though, and I end up getting out valued and killed by c’thun or some spell damage shenanigans.

TLDR: Tactics/strategy against mage?

1 Like