VS Syndicate's podcast is out. We have a 3 class meta

The last two secrets for Mage have been horrible and the class keeps getting nerfed because it upset Control players. New stuff around the corner though, so let’s see.

1 Like

The closest deck mage has to being decent is some lightshow building thing that requires you to live long enough to pew pew everything to death.

It’s probably the only rng based part of the game I occasionally enjoy as the mini yogg rng wheel spins and lights blast everything on the other side of the board.

1 Like

It’s you problem, not game problem. So if you win, then game is ok. If you lose then f this game?

Go play candy crash, loser.

I appreciate you letting me know, but it doesn’t sound like my kind of deck at all.
I am an old tempo/curve player. It’s really all I know.
I’m not sure why mage is no longer allowed a true tempo or burn deck, but we haven’t had either in years.

It’s ok, but even that loses the fun after a while, because it’s a bit repetitive.

At least the skele/freeze mage had a little more variety to it.

1 Like

That’s just ignoring the times where rainbow was a solid deck, and burn variants with the infuse ice spell were also good.

Blizz just power crept that deck out of existence.

Mage isnt always bad.

Play Death Knight, they have Starving Acolyte and Unleash the Gnomes.

Hunter at home

20 chars

I missed that deck. I was away for some time.
Too bad. Sounds like something i would have enjoyed.

But I would say when mage is good, and that deck sounds like it was, it is always nerfed.

Wild is littered with old decks that are not playable at all because they never get reverted.
But that isn’t true of every class.
Makes no sense to me, as I can’t find the logic behind the decision making.

This is true of almost every tier 1 deck that either:

A. Approaches 20% of the meta (because that drives up player sentiment issues)

Or

B. Remains tier 1 for an extended period with low play rates (paladin is basically not allowed to be tier 1 at high legend anymore).

It happens to every class. Your perspective is that it’s only mage because you only feel the ones directed at mage as it’s all you play.

Very true. How can I know what other classes go through as I don’t have any of their cards.

But I’m not asking that Mage be treated differently. I’m just wishing Mage had a fast tempo deck, or a burn deck that is fast.
Even if only for a short time as it would get nerfed, lol.
The last one I remember is when the original secret deck was viable with cloud princes etc, before the 6/6 cards, which I dislike, and before the norgannon, which I really dislike.
Mind you; I play that deck, but only because it’s all there is that is somehwat fast and straight forward in mage.

Maybe secret mage should just be deleted, and then perhaps mage could have something else?

Anyhow; a three class meta sounds really boring. I guess I’ll just stay in Wild, lol.
Things are really busted, but if you tank your MMR you do see some weird meme decks.