vS Data Reaper Report #302

Lol in the time it’s taken to debate the vs report,

A) you guys could of probably played enough sample games yourselves to get a better estimate

B) the meta has likely moved on

1 Like

I don’t like playing a lot. Part of the game for me is to stop playing when I lose.

Last month I went to Legend rank with some days playing only 1 or 0 games.

Do you think every statistical analysis needs to comprise the whole population it’s analyzing?

I actually did test rainbow shaman. I just had to do it, to be 100% sure I was right.

I was ready to accept that I was wrong, because:

a) I did predict it’s the new rainbow mage, and
b) because the tier list is wrong even if Rainbow shaman IS a rising star of a deck.

However, the deck is unplayable. Safe to say it’s between tier 3 and 4.

It’s only aoe clear is deal 1 dmg to all minions (the 2 mana buff one), its early game is a disaster, only 1/1 tokens and totems, can’t clear absolutely nothing which should be cleared early on; your combo is so easy to play around and everyone knows it, and your razzler dazzler is 2 orders of magnitude worse than DK-s.

I mean, saying it’s unplayable gives it too much credit. I wouldn’t even call that a deck.

Are you running the Firestone app while you are playing?

Ofc I am -,-

What question is that?

Theres a higher chance the sun doesnt rise tomorow than that ever coming to pass.

1 Like

An honest one?

I mean, a lot of people aren’t running the app at all.

The joke’s on you

Feel free to search my posts, I’ve already proven to people before how wrong they are about this

Unfortunately for this forum, I’m one of the people who most often admit mistakes and when they were wrong, which is ironic, because I’m rarely wrong

So the reason your Sludgelock might not be on there is because those games track based on what the opponent was.

You may have had more games, but the opponents you ran into weren’t running the app.

There is an area called “other Warlock” which is likely what Sludgelock is in.

I have not seen this.

3 Likes

4 Likes

not very likely, considering it’s all pros and regulars

the report is biased, that’s all

and I dont even know which bias it is

Either way, if you already have tracker data stats, why post opponent tracker data stats?

Lame attempt at cross-checking the data which only makes the data less accurate, instead of more

Q: Do you only consider the decks your contributors play or do you also try to infer the decks of their opponents?

We only report on the decks of the opponents. This way, we provide an unbiased picture of what the meta looks like to a random ladder player. That is, what would the player expect to see as opponents.

Q: How do you identify the opponents’ deck?

We use algorithms that ID decks based on cards played. We continually monitor the algorithms for accuracy. Of course, not every game can provide a definitive ID, but we do achieve a very high identification success rate (>95%). We believe that our algorithm provides an accurate overall picture of what has been played over the past week. As we continue with this project, we will be experimenting with various approaches and algorithms in order to keep improving all aspects of the Data Reaper Report.

Funny you should say that, considering it was to you that I quoted 4-5 examples of that, all in 24 hours, when you accused me of acting like I’m infallible.

Do I have to remind you of that? Oh, and do I have to remind you and the rest of the forum to which lies that was a reply to?

Don’t you remember? when you claimed you had proof the matchmaking is rigged? When we asked you to post those data, you said you can’t post images?

Then we told you to upload them and post a link to the images, and then you said you deleted the images?

“Kindness costs nothing”

The algorithm is bad. The data are useful to a point, but there comes a point where anyone who actually plays the game in the ranks they’re viewing data for knwos better.

It sucks, but that’s how it is.

Also, just because they say this is more unbiased, doesn’t mean that it actually is.
You’re believing them just because they’re a website, even though they’re not even players of the game. They’re statisticians, analysts, programmers.

Feel free to go to Reddit and speak with the developer themselves. Go on there and make a post about why you think VS is bias and their data is bad. Go make a case. Right there on the Hearthstone Reddit.

BTW, do you play as Altair on EU server or is another name?

I don’t think it’s biased, I know it’s biased. I literally have proof and you’ve seen it. Do I have to make MORE screenshots of my tracker data?

I can’t explain WHY it’s biased, because I’m not a statistician. I’ve no idea what they’re doing and why. All I know is it’s not working very well in some segments, that’s all.

P.S. my analysis is done from an economic aspect/using economic tools of analysis.

Now, you might say what you want, but the fact is, that in capitalism, economy is the crown of all sciences. It includes just enough math, statistics, probability, psychology, geography, IT…as it needs to to earn money.

Therefore, no, it’s not possible to call my method wrong. It exists. It’s called weighting. And it’s absolutely unbiased, as it makes the data standardized and comparable even though they weren’t ready to be compared beforehand.

Then why not post it on Reddit asking them to explain the data? They’re pretty nice and they’ll answer you. You can also go on their discord. You obviously have questions, and the only way I can answer is based off what they’ve said.

Because I don’t care, because I despise reddit and it’s unreadable for me, and because I’m not helping any commercial website for free, my time is limited enough as it is.

It might not look that way, but I work 8 hours per day and have other projects on side with deadline shortly, and I’m trying to have some fun and play the game.

I don’t need this in my life. I was trying to be helpful and state how things are in practice, but I got mocked and attacked and a lot of bad things for it, and I’m not going through things like that ever again.

From now on, I’ll just state my experience/analysis/proofs and let the animals fight about it if they feel like.