VS Data Reaper #303: Shaman Supremacy Edition

Every word is correct.

To clarify further, I WILL drop couple of thousand ranks when I experiment with new decks. It’s the price you have to pay for learning something in such a competitive environment.

That’s why I rarely do so. I only do it to learn the deck weaknesses or see if it pleases me more than what I main at that point in time.

But for the sake of the argument in the previous thread, everything i Said was correct. I haven’t dropped below 1k for the whole time and I did have a bigger sample than some of the decks in the VS report on Sludgelock.

I only took Rainbow AFTER the report was already out, and it dropped me couple of thousand ranks, but as kewl said, it’s a couple of hours grind back with any of the Warlock decks for me.

It’s disgusting how my winrate changes between 100-500, 500 - 1k, and 1k-2k

It goes from 65% in 1k-2k, to 61% in 500-1k and then to 45% from 100-500

I don’t know statistics well enough to calculate what my actual predicted rank would be based on that, but my experience tells me I’m a solid top top 200 player on average.

I think the biggest drop in winrate is from ranks 100-200, because there is something about this game which I still haven’t learned which will catapult me into the higher echelons (ranks 50-100 on average, first, and then another lesson to learn and then ranks 1-50 on average).

1 Like

I don’t. It’s when he claims something and posts pictures that show his win rate is sub 50% with a deck, it’s counterintuitive to his other posts. It was a way to find out what the truth is.

I don’t care if he’s rank 1 or rank 1 million.

I think he’s a great player and is normally top 1k, but I think he’s been deceptive in certain areas.

Such big jumps in winrates as presented here:

mean there’s a lesson about the game I have to learn to start playing in those ranks with a near 50% winrate.

Something huge, something deceptively simple, once you learn it you’ll never understand how you didn’t know it before.

Whole ladder is full of such jumps for everyone. That’s how progress goes in general. It moves incrementally most of the time, but in some “tipping points” it has a sudden jump.

Sigh. You couldn’t even read the post I linked.

For every recorded game, there is a tracker player and their opponent. (If both players have the tracker installed, VS counts the game twice, once for each side.)

Each recorded game is listed on the matchup winrate table twice. If tracker player using Deck A plays opponent using Deck B, the game counts for A vs B on the table and for B vs A on the table. If you added all the games on the matchup winrate table together, you’d get about 74000.

What 1.5% from VS for deck popularity means, is that out of the 37000 actually recorded T1KL games, 1.5% of the opponents were playing Rainbow Shaman. It doesn’t count the tracker side at all in that 1.5%, even though games where the tracker player is playing Rainbow Shaman ARE added to the matchup winrate table.

VS does not directly publish the popularity of decks on the tracker side. So when you try to multiply 37000 by 1.5%, you’re missing one of two types of matchups. You’re getting all of the any-deck tracker vs Rainbow Shaman opponent games, but you’re not capturing any of the Rainbow Shaman tracker vs any-deck opponent games that show in the matchup winrate table.

1.5% and 37000 games is not enough information to answer the question here. The missing ingredient is tracker side popularity. 1.5% × 37000 + x% × 37000 would yield the correct answer.

So no games below 2500. Or at the very least it’s quite rare. I’m glad that we agree.

Please you guys just agree to disagree. No one is gonna back down from this argument we already saw it last report xD. Just stop replying to each other no one wants to read you all making the same points over and over again lol

Just fyi Altair’s main account is Kassadin (which is banned on the forums)

Not gonna bother looking up rank but the information is there.

1 Like

My man, you’re in dire need of a chill pill.

Let Altair be, lol.

1 Like

And I thought I was extreme. I’d never stoop that low. I gotta draw a line somewhere.

1 Like

And how am I supposed to read further when you begin your post with this, when I literally proved I did read the post?

By writing this, you just prove you didn’t read mine. I’ve no intention to waste time on people who don’t read my posts at all.

You proved that you read part. But you failed at reading comprehension.

All this saga of text was because Altair couldn’t admit he doesn’t play Rainbow Shaman optimally. The math talk was completely irrelevant and the opinion of VS completely irrelevant. It’s not like VS doesn’t keep saying dumb things to people; their sample is biased by definition since it’s restricted to data from players who happen to opt-in to the big brother of trackers; their methodology of the presentation of statistics subjective.

I play on 2 servers (at the moment, because of work), but normally all 3, in top 200.

Do you really think I’d have the time to do that on a 2nd account?

See, that’s what I mean. You’re indirectly pressuring him to stay above 2500 just to prove you’re right. It’s better to just let it go.

Proving you are right isn’t worth dismissing someone’s genuine emotions…

I literally said I don’t play any deck optimally, let alone Rainbow shaman xD

I don’t mean it as pressure. If Altair decides he doesn’t want to climb anymore, I’d respect his decision. I’ve played 0 Ranked this month, it’d be hypocritical for me not to.

What I say I mean as a compliment with respect. Yes, I expect him to do well, because he’s a good pilot. But he doesn’t have to do anything.

1 Like

That explains a lot of things if true, even the avatar is the same.
I dont have a talent to pick up on alts, i have always posted with the same name on this forums.

Even in the old days.

2 Likes

The evil is near :melting_face:

If true, then this checks a lot of boxes.

3 Likes

In a previous thread, I stated that I knew Altair’s former account but that ethically I would not reveal what it is. I still won’t. I am revolted by this turn of events, true or false.

1 Like

Call me crazy, but claiming that people are using alts without genuine proof is actually inappropriate and reportable. It’s basically harassment.

I suggest people stop unless they have solid evidence.

1 Like