Updated Free Decks for New and Returning Players - Barrens Expansion Cycle

Was looking at either Druid or Paladin for the N’zoth. Being neutral, I should be able to whack that in any deck for other menagerie type builds. Moonfang will be a dust, I got the DMF mini set with the 2K gold (so will the other mini set cards I guess).

Mage might have the most value in terms of numbers of Legendary cards, but it’s probably the worst deck out of the ten if you actually want to play the deck you’re given.

What is that deck even supposed to do? It’s like one of those bad homebrews where the creator couldn’t decide what they wanted to do, so they just stuck in a little of everything. The weirdest inclusion is Mana Biscuit. That card basically exists to enable combos, but there isn’t anything in the deck for it to support.

If you want a strong deck, the current Paladin and Rogue are better than anything here. You are better off going to bronze ASAP and picking either of them up.

N’Zoth has been garbage except in Ramp Paladin where it was OK. Lady Liadrin on the other hand is a proven performer.

1 Like

nzoth is pure noob status in general. in wow he got stomped the easiest of any of them. have you stepped into nyalotha? smh.

I just picked up the shaman deck today and I’m surprised I can’t play it in standard. I also should have looked them up just to learn that Druid was a big deck. I like big decks.

The game is very different from when I last played 2 years ago.

So they have to buy packs. Duuuh.

Deck contains core cards but core set will be available only after rotation.
You can swap core cards in this deck or wait one day for rotation to happen

Are you saying I can’t use classic cards in standard right now?

I’m saying you can’t use CORE cards in standard, classic cards are ok

Cause Blizzard stands for greed

I’m lost. Are you saying basic class cards aren’t allowed in standard? There’s no core set in my card book.

The Core set won’t be released until tomorrow. Many Core cards are reprints of cards from other sets, including Basic and Classic. As of tomorrow, Core cards will be usable in Standard, but Basic and Classic will become the Legacy set and no longer usable in Standard. For today, any deck made with Core cards is not playable in Standard yet, even though it might seem to include cards from Basic or Classic because of the overlap.

1 Like

Core cards can be used in Standard and Wild, but not Classic.
Classic cards can be used in Wild and Classic, but not Standard.

I know, it’s confusing because the word “Classic” gets reused.

1 Like

I think it’s also confusing because people who are new-ish think Core, Classic and Basic are the same because they’re all pretty generic names for similar sets of cards.

2 Likes

If you are still confused i sagest reading this articles:

And then reading/watching news from any content creator of your choice regarding core set and difference between core and classic with basic

1 Like

That will be the case only tomorrow
Right now core set can’t be used anywhere. This leads to inability of yeahBradley to play his/her/(adjective_of_choice) deck for new players right now

Now, I’m struggling to make a classic deck. I go to My Collection, start a new deck and begin adding cards but ragnaros doesn’t show up. I know I have one, I used it in my favorite big druid deck years ago.

Are you making standard or classic deck?
After pushing “Create new deck” before you choose class you can chose format using button in upper right corner. Set format to Classic and you should find Ragnaros

1 Like

Thank you, but this is so stupid. You can only make this setting before you pick a hero. After you pick a hero and choose cards you can only toggle between standard and wild.

But now I have to make my deck over again.

Glad i could help
They will ad ability to change deck format to classic later
Also you can use deck suggestions, they are specific for classic

1 Like