Unpacking Legendaries: what gives?

It’s been a long time since I last played, but I recently returned and am loving the game as it is! The changes are great, almost everything about Hearthstone is more enjoyable to me in its current state than I as I remember it before.

I recall there being some kind of increasing chance to find legendaries as you open packs when I was active before. I just bought the Welcome Back package with 1 guaranteed legendary, and 65 packs. Within those 65 packs, it gave me one legendary. One.

That is ridiculously depressing lol… really kills my mood and makes me consider if I want to continue with this game. Did they remove that increasing return dynamic?

Well, have you gotten a legendary from that set of packs before? There’s a mechanic known as a “Pity Timer”: after opening X packs, you’re guaranteed to have gotten a legendary. If you’ve never opened that kind of pack before, it’s guaranteed before pack 10; after that, it’s 1 legendary within 40 packs. If you’ve opened that type of pack before and gotten a legendary for it, you would get 1 guaranteed legendary and another 25 chances.

1 Like

Sorry, that is just terrible luck, the good news though is that you are guaranteed to get another legendary in the next 15 packs if you stick it out.

That sucks.

That “Welcome Back Package”, does it includes an assortment of different types of packs?

Because you don’t get an increased Legendary chance per pack. You get a guaranteed Legendary per every 40 expansion packs.

So if you get extremely unlucky and open 39 FITB packs, you won’t open your guaranteed Legendary if your next pack is a Warrior pack, Year of the Phoenix pack, or a MDF pack. You need to open another FITB pack to get the guaranteed pack for that expansion.

Yours is a common complaint for people buying assorted packs.