Turn 3 Wild Quest Warlock

> https://imgur.com/a/hwiBcDg

turn 3 wild quest lock…

please balance your game

10 Likes

Wtf are you talking about? Any player with a brain should be able to counter that by turn 1!!! Warlock does NOT need a balance!!!

/s

6 Likes

Can’t wait until this starts showing up in tournaments how fun to watch!

4 Likes

yeah I enjoy being forced to play a single deck so I can climb the ranks

imagine not understanding how to balance your own game

it’s like devs don’t even play the game lmao

1 Like

That’s Asmongold’s suspicion for World of Warcraft. You might be right. :joy: His theory is if you look at Blizzard’s decisions from the premise that they don’t play their games, it all makes sense.

3 Likes

Looks like a pretty good board to play duskbreaker to

1 Like

we can’t see what class your vsing so not enough Proof of need be nerf (because 1 AOE 2 damage will cut majority damage away from screen shot and most classes got removel for 4 mana)

if this was turn 4 vs a priest they could use hysteria to do huge damage to your board then lunch brutal counter attack on turn 5

is vs hunter not much they can do

Warrior can Blade storm this clean up most damage

Mage Frost nova till board cleared is drawn (aka 90% mage ideas of fun)

Warlock same as priest (or anything will work)

Druid mostly run big or token so ya nothing

Stealty boy nothing

Shaman can AOE for 3 damage and hex after taking 8 damage

DH just Ignore it and go face till the end

Paladin can turn them all into 1/x minions to buy time till set a big taunt minion in way

pain quest is really not need from look of it

(if you did not coin out for this stuff)

Yeah dawg just give that control raza 5 copies of twinspell 1 mana deal 40 damage to face, twinspell, and summon 18/18 mana’s worth of stats dawg.

Any other regular glare in that position would be able to kill you even quicker.

This isn’t an issue with the quest, it’s an issue with dark glare and by extension the self damage package.

I mean i don’t like asmongold, but you don’t need to be a rocket surgeon to see someone’s who’s not supposed to be blind drove headfirst into a wall.

I was a big blizz and WOTLK fan and used to know them for quality, but then i got alienated on Wow when devs would flat out troll players on personal accounts, respond with “we don’t want players like you”, to the alliance, asking for like cross server raiding and just all this crap. About “If you don’t like it, just quit”, so i just quit and stopped giving them my money and i thought it was petty but i just didn’t look back. Then i played sc2 and they orphaned it. and hearthstone i still have fun playing but i still feel like at the same time, the balance is okay but the playtesting has nosedived to some… strange but playable levels… i suppose with just… ‘temp’ text left everywhere, never finished still all over Anduin’s book of heros and a couple others. idk what’s going on, but ever since the merger it’s felt like activision has bled into making cheap shoddy games with minimal investment, maximum money squeezing profit. Just calling a kettle how i see it to my pov.

I would still like a balanced power to not immediately die playing a reno, or see apothacary and crystalizer changed to remove damage synergy by changing the effect from “deal 5 damage to your hero” to “set your hero’s health 5 lower”, removing damage synergy with the same effect, alextraza style.

Honestly, for wild, the rest of the deck would be fine if the imp and the crystalizer interaction just didn’t work. People point out darkglare highrolls, but secret mage used to be able to burn that deck, my tempo control raza could have a 50 and aoe it. I just want more 50 50s and 60 40s either way for decks, it’s really boring and polarizing having 90 10s or 20 80s where whatever one deck does just doesn’t matter.

I mean, why don’t you like him? Not that I’m holding it against you. I found I initially disliked his streaming persona, but after watching his more calm and collected takes as zackrawrr, he doesn’t seem so bad.

Still can’t play the card until turn 5. Unless i’m drawing dead in my experimental questline deck, i’ll always have her on the field by turn 5 or 6.

And if you can’t counter a sadomasochistic lock deck then that’s a personal problem.

Crystalizer is BEYOND broken for the quest. It nearly completes an entire leg with no real downside(1 mana 1/3 in addition to potentially healing that non damage back) and when used post quest completion is still bonkers being 1 mana 1/3 deal 5 damage gain 5 armor.

4 Likes

The problem is glare will eventually run out of stuff against control unless they get a REALLY good start(this one is close to one of the better, but not the best starts I’ve seen). Quest ensures that you’ll still be able to pull disgusting things late game while also channeling the damage forward against any deck that can withstand what you admitted is doable by any darkglare deck. It basically closes nearly all weakness the deck had(heals innately twice by only sacrificing 1 turn and gives something when all else fails)

2 Likes

Trying to argue a quest is bad since someone built a horrible deck, is like trying to say, 30-60 damage + 6 quest damage + starts in hand isn’t good if i don’t know how to use it. in the hands of someone with a good variant, there are 70-83% literal over 5000s of games winrates decks gold to any. Though, yeah, who knows. if someone has a low mmr, lots of standard players aren’t used to innovating and throw standard cards or bad synergies together and just die, or don’t count combo, damage, or think of strong synergies or cards too expensive. THe imp and the crystalizer are epics, but it can do about 40-50 mana’s worth of effects for about 6 mana while having massive draw, 2 copies of any card, no card requirements to combo, only requires the card be a minion (LOL), and… yeah… and 1 mana draw 3s… sigh… in a good well built version of the deck, im not sure but it’s a meta warper. Trying to balance a deck around a version being built badly is eh though. it’s broken because people found out broken imp / crystalizer combos. the rest would be fine if they just changed it to remove the damage synergy, alexstraza style, from “deal 5 damage to your hero”, to “set your hero’s health 5 lower”, seriously.

1 Like

Getting a board full of minions on turn 3, even one as an 8/8 is considered ok, but playing Hysteria for 3 mana to clear the 8/8 and 3-4 of the other minions is COMPLETELY imbalanced.

Pretty stupid logic.

2 Likes

Remember kids.

Samuro + apothesis to do healing is bad.
Healing 3 hp for 1 mana for free is bad.

Doing 10 damage and gaining 5 armor for a 1 mana 1/3 that can be raised dead to otk for 20-30 is good.

Damage is okay as long as it’s 5x stronger than healing. Mmkay? Healing bad. Hitting face good. control bad, hyperaggro good. Face hunter bad.

4 Likes

duskbreaker in this economy lmao

this is an OTK deck

i don’t need that board to win

4 mana 3 damage aoe on a 7/7 2/4 2/1 1/3 8/8 board, with a upcoming otk. Gl, have fun.

3 Likes

Oh my opponent has kind of the same on turn 4.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/JRy5Anr6bj5FBW9kNeJeNh

Thank goodness for my secret tech. :grin: