Truly terrible solo adventures

uninteresting. completely one sided. Also bugged.
Conversation bubbles that take too long, attacks (Anduin “Turn the Bell” anyone?) take too long, conversation bubbles that provide nothing of interest, and even cover cards sometimes for significant lengths of time.
I don’t mind difficult adventures. I made extra accounts just to be able to play through Tombs of Terror again (and why can’t we have an adventure reset button for the 50th time? We aren’t asking for the rewards again, just the game mode to be cleared for replay.)
So if you are going to have us waste hours playing against horribly imbalanced unknown decks, at least let us build decks to try to learn what to do, like the good old days in solo adventures. (IceCrown, etc)

I was excited for the new adventure, and then completely let down by Jaina. Then it got worse. Wow.

1 Like

This Book of Heroes are the worst adventures they created, you can clearly see they are the lowest amount of effort possible.

Also, remember they promised a new free adventure EVERY expansion when they changed to 3 pack expansion a year.

And now Darkmoon Fair had NO adventure at all. They made the low effort Book of Heroes that they will basically release over a year so they don’t need to release adventures anymore.

Blizzard, if you need money, just charge for it like you did with Dalaran Heist and Tombs of Terror. Bundle the mini-expansions cards with the Adventures so people that don’t care for it simple buy it for the cards.

And you can forever do the Dungeon Run format, it’s the format that adventure players play. You simple need to create different mechanics and bosses and that’s it, you can keep reciling it forever, just like you will Recicle Duels format.

Except that Dungeon Run is not available to newer accounts. Its on my old main account only, that is it. The earliest one you can get now is Dalaran Heist.

There’s several free solo adventures from past years, but I think you have to go to the Blizzard shop in your web browser to “purchase” them. Knights of the Frozen Throne adventure and Kobolds and Catacombs adventures are definitely like that. You may also have to go to the Blizzard shop to get the Witchwood, Boomsday, and Rastakhan adventures.

1 Like

Ah yes. I forgot that I could buy some with actual money. But of course, giving Blizzard any more real money is not on my list of things to do. :slight_smile:

Frozen Throne and Kobolds are free. The other three are free as well if I remember right.

I didn’t mind the Book of Heroes, I just find there’s not much reason to play them more than once.

Yeah, really wish Curse of Naxxramas, Blackrock Mountain and League of Explorers were purchasable with gold (I have the rest). No way I’d ever spend real money for it though: if those adventures ever became purchasable with gold I might be enticed to buy packs with real money due to the reduced amount of gold I’d have, but I won’t spend real money on the adventures.

Every adventure available in the store is for real money only - 9.99 or more. I think the first tiers of some old adventures were free if you had the account at the time they came out. For accounts created recently, you only have the option to buy with money, not gold. But for me personally, they one I really liked was the Tombs of Terror which is still available for gold after the first tier.

Straight on point. I didn’t mind paying for adventures and dungeon runs because it was actual gameplay content just like an actual game of their own. But now they just try to sell those low effort bundles which are just repackaged already released expansion kept behind paywalls.

There is no way that they put any effort in Book of Heroes, even the Jaina fight in Garrosh’s book is the exact same deck given to a bot.

1 Like

FYI - I found out since this post that many of the other adventures are available from the Blizzard online store for free, but not in the in-game store. They are down in the “Wild” section, not the “Adventure” section, and you just click them to Claim for Free. I think it is just the first level for most of them, but you should be able to pay for the subsequent levels with gold as before. You would think they would just show up in the list of Adventures already. But I guess they are trying to squeeze more blood out of the turnip by making it look like your only option is to pay for the entire (OLD!) adventure up front, with real money.

dalaran run is the best for me and the easier you have much of mutiple choises and much help with anomaly mode and taverns and different hero powers after that goes cobold and catacombs thats too hard but you will learn mach once ended . you can try also the other oldest expansions karazan is very good.if you like you can wait for the future staff expansion coming neer april-may ,august and november-desember 3 per year.

Tombs of Terror was so good, I’m still. playing through on heroic mode. I’d love to see another single-player dungeon-run. I’m disappointed in the multiplayer version being hidden behind the “pay-wall”

As an F2P, I’m happy to grind my gold to unlock single-player content if it means we don’t have to deal with the content of BoH and Ashes. It was just really disappointing.

Hopefully Blizzard will put more effort into the single-player content going forward, like they did with Dalaran and Tombs. I believe!!

2 Likes

Now they reached a new low with Book of Valeera. As if the Book of Heroes content was not already barebones, they created scripted fights as an ‘pseudo-puzzle’ and forgot about fun.

Really Team 5, if you want to release a new mode with this kind of content, go for it, but please, bring back the Dungeon Runs format for the Adventure mode, you just need new mechanics and bosses to make a new one.

I’ve given up on seeing any new content that isn’t garbage. If basic play wasn’t free I’d uninstall at this point.