Tormented Hearts Achievement bug

Every time my opponent casts a spell when I have Taintheart Tormenter in play I’m only getting credit for 1 mana but they are “forced” to spend 2 mana for each spell. It should count as 2 “extra mana” for the achievement.

1 Like

I have got no advancement for several games even tho I got my opponent to play 1 to 2 spells with extra cost, so this is bugging out for sure.

1 Like

I have been tracking this for over a day now. I just had a game where the spell that was cast (6 cost cascading disaster), killed the Taintheart Tormentor - it didn’t count.

I have also have 2 occasions when they have had 3 cost devolving missiles cast on them and didn’t get credit.

In summary if the expensive spell kills or devolved the Tormentor, it doesn’t count for achievement advancement.

Blizzard, this achievement is hard enough, please don’t make it harder!

2 Likes

Add the following to the list of cards that don’t add to the achievement counter:
5 cost Bladestorm that killed a single 8/8
10 cost Twisting Nether
9 cost Soul Mirror
7 cost Brawl
Barov plus 6 cost Rancor
3 cost Shield Slam

Even Ysera cards (3 cost Dream and 6 cost Awakens) don’t give credit.

Now gone 10 consecutive spells that cost more that didn’t add to the counter. Currently 30/45. Should be 60/45 (Completed and more).

1 Like

I just posted a forum topic on this before seeing this thread. From my experience, it seems that tormentor has to survive the spell that is cast for it to count towards progress. For example, when brawl was played and tormentor survived, it updated my tracker. However, when opponent played shadow word death on tormentor, it did not count the progress. I’m assuming this is a bug as I would highly doubt that it was the intent to only count spells where tormentor survived, given it is a high priority kill target for the opponent.

Its absolutely a bug. The achievement is to make the spells cost more, not make them cost more AND survive the outcome. I eventually got it done, but it required 58 spells to be cast - 35 more than the achievement should take.

I nearly quit Heartstone in frustration yesterday :frowning:

Yea I know how you feel. I’m just putting that one on hold for now in hopes it will be fixed in the next balance patch.

1 Like

Yes me too. Put on hold for now.

1 Like

I was recording a couple games with a deck oriented at completing this by summoning multiple Taintheart Tormenters per game in order to make a guide. After opponents played the following cards at extra cost, I am still at only 2/15 progress towards the achievement (confirmed from recording):
8-mana Soul Mirror (their Soul Mirror had been discounted by Palm Reading)
3-mana Dream
5-mana Palm Reading
2-mana Focused Will

7-mana Maw of C’Thun
3-mana Shield Slam

Even if the discounted cards from Priest were not given full credit, this should be well above 2/15 progress. I can provide recordings if it will be helpful in resolving this bug. Please resolve it soon or clarify the criteria required for completing this. Thank you.

Does anyone know if Blizzard sees these bug posts? Will they acknowledge and/or fix this bug soon?

I just forced opponent to cast spells that increase their murloc stats but didnt activate the counter. Still at 28.

Edit: played another game where I forced the mage to increase their spell cost before my taintheart tormentor was killed. But as the original cost was discounted by incanters flow, i didnt get the points even though they had to pay more than they would if taintheart wasnt there.

Bugged like crazy. Still at 28.