Too expensive and not rewarding enough

the biggest problems with this game is its gold/dust system.

1. I don’t spend crazy money on this game (like 60$ an expansion) but the
    value that money return is nowhere near of what’s expected. you get 4
    legendaries (random at that) if you are very lucky.

2. there is almost no reward to play the game. you get 10 gold for 3 wins.
    that is just bad. you expect player to play 60 game (taking 50%
    win rate) for a pack?? and 1 free pack a week in the name of tavern
    brawl is not at all enough.

3. 1600 dust to craft legendaries is okay if you can grind for dust which is
    not possible at all in this game.

4. paid battlegrounds and adventures. are yo really making that less
    from packs blizzard that you cant make anything free?? also
    un-craftable cards in the adventures is a real low blow.

Is this game free to play at all at this point?? oh yeah they still allow people to download it for free and play base cards that are so op that they are banned (hence missing) from all decks in the game or have .

10 Likes

“you’ll never forget the name…MMMMMM, Goooold/Dusssst!”

sorry, i had to.

6 Likes

a suggestion: quit hearthstone and pick up a physical card game like mtg, yugioh, or pokemon instead. you just need to invest many hundreds of dollars to get all the staples and then pay even more to get the deck core. $60 suddenly seems quite resonable.

2 Likes

Go play LoR

I am playing HS atm to just relax because it doesnt require any excessive use of brain cells and to reach legend on one of my accounts because the buyer requires it to be account with legend cardback for some reason…

1 Like

I am pretty sure selling accounts is against the TOS, and not something I would advertise openly.

3 Likes

Once you done playing physical card games you can just sell them back and get all your money back… thankfully on hearthstone you can do that too since blizzard is kind and generous.

1 Like

thats not true at all, as soon as a meta deck stops being meta or gets hit by a banlist the card price plummets. and thats not including price reduction due to tear and usage on the cards

2 Likes

And what fraction of the cost do you end up with?

Most MTG cards tank in value when they go out of Standard. A lot of people buy a box per expansion, and then they need to go on the secondary market to finish their decks.

And let’s not forget bans. WOTC usually doesn’t ban cards quickly so they can move product but players need those cards everyone knows will be banned soon to compete spending a lot of money each expansion.

HS has been like that for 6/7 years. You either accept it as a low-budget player/f2p or you leave for greener pastures. If you want generous games look LoR or Gwent. I kinda got sick of my money literally being wasted and the game not giving me any more fun so I don’t spend anymore and am waiting for August to potentially come back.

nice troll, the game was released 6 years ago so it cant possible have been like you described for 7 years :slight_smile:

There was beta dude. I can show you my invoice history if you don’t believe I spend money. I spend circa 100$ December-March

2 Likes

On average you recieve close to 200 dust a week from free packs if you dust your cards which makes creating new cards quite feasible. If you want to collect all the cards without dusting any than that is your own choice. The game is definitely free to play but if you don’t dust cards until you receive multiple duplicates than that is your own problem.

1 Like

what free packs are you talking about??? if you are speaking about arena, they are not free bud. you have to e good at arena. (its the only mode i play in this game) even with best of luck you don’t get infinite arenas

you forgot to add you only get 25% or less for dust.

the fact you have to dust 4 legendaries to craft one of your choice is insane

1 Like

they don’t even drop golden commons that frequently… its just so hard to craft needed cards since there is hardly any dust given.

2 Likes

You are getting some gold every day just for playing, no…? You don’t pay any real money for it, right?

3 Likes

Win one tavern brawl a week, get a free pack.
Do two quests, get a free pack or 2/3 of the arena fee.
If you don’t have Kobolds and Catacombs or the Lich King adventure yet, get them in the Blizzard shop and get free packs.
Open up your first pack of Old Gods, get some free Wild cards including C’thun.
If someone hasn’t mentioned this already, the next adventure is supposed to be a freebie, but I don’t know if it has card rewards.

1 Like

I believe they’ve actually said that all of this year’s adventures will be free, but I could be misremembering that.

And as far as card rewards, we only received 3 AoO packs from the initial quest chain when AoO released. Most expansions they have give 5 or 6 packs for free, either at release, or split between release and the adventure. So, while they haven’t announced anything about rewards, I wouldn’t be surprised if the adventure offered 2 or 3 packs via related quests, completing wings, or some other mechanic.

2 Likes

25% seems fair enough. Imagine if you get 800 dust a legendary than everyone would have crazy high cost decks without grinding for them or opening your wallet to make them. It’s a bad business model to give players 50% dust for recycled cards.

Honestly I just want the wild cards to be cheaper to craft

1 Like