To my mage tavern brawl opponent, I am so sorry

I can tell that you had no idea what was coming. Babbling Book turn one. You thought it could be a fun and random game, but no, I was a jerk. I should have just conceded out of pity, but I wanted my pack, so I played Embiggen, Embiggen, Embiggen, Embiggen, Patches and filled my board with 9/9s. You sat there stunned for a moment, then, with a sigh of exasperation, played Unstable Portal and ended your turn. I tried to make your death as quick as possible. I hope you find a more whimsical opponent for your next game

2 Likes

I saw a paladin on a tweet video killing on turn 1 by using spells that produce big minions.

I went there to see it first hand. The first opponent was a DH that OTK’ed on turn 1 with weapon/face buffing

(good thing I did that mess the first hours it was released and most opponents were not meme decks).

1 Like

I think you might be talking about last week’s brawl, Blood Magic, where spells cost health instead of mana. That’s a deck I won with as well. Front Lines will fill the board with charge minions turn one, just play Order in the Court and draw.

This week’s is Top 2, where you only bring two cards and have 15 copies of each.

1 Like

Oh it’s changed already. Didn’t know.

1 Like

The only deck that can beat this while going second would be:
coin+flikk, but requires lots of coin draws.
punce+spread the word. But as it requires all 15 copies of pounce, you do need some luck in drawing(having too many pounce too early will brick).

Naturally, if going first, a mirror would be a win.

1 Like

How did you even play brawl already??

I just logged in to Europe - no brawl yet

Logged in to Asia - no brawl yet (says coming in 20 min, and they’re 6 hours ahead of Europe)

1 Like

idk the Reddit thread’s been up for two hours now and that’s how I heard about it

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1cc26sw/tavern_brawl_this_week_is_top_2_42424/

Interesting. This game confuses me more and more each day

The Soularium + Soul Barrage. Turn 2 kill, unless really unlucky. Turn 1 kill with coin if really lucky.

2 Likes

Pounce + Spread the word. Draw your deck 30 damage to face

1 Like

Those brawls are a joke with how fast and overpowered they are. I saw a rogue dropping an 1-drop Wild card that would make the next same dude +2/+2. I conceded without waiting to see what will happen; I also found other rogue 1-drop cards that might be fast (e.g. one would discover a card from another class); the first opponent I had conceded just by seeing I’m a rogue.

1 Like

I beat this deck to win my pack, and I don’t plan I playing any more games. They ran out of draw at some point and passed on turn 1 after dealing 4 face. I was running Elemental Evocation and Thunderbringer.

1 Like

The Pounce + Draw druid combo for this brawl can tank on animations, one must be a god-tier APM to pull it off in turn 1. I’ve never seen any druid manage it yet and I’ve done about 40 of this week’s brawl so far.

I was priest (Automaton + Animate) and the poor druid only pulled 24 dmg before his timer expired. Then I coined, Lesser Heal 2 dmg, and he could only concede as I sat there on 1 hp after he burned the rest of his deck on t2.

DK can Horn of Winter + Frozen Over can do the same thing, but not on t1 and needs 1 dmg to face for the full 30.

My first successful attempt at this brawl was actually Draw Rogue: Gear Change + Playhouse Giant. Doesnt get online till t3 but if you survive till then, dropping a full board of Playhouse on t3 is quite amusing.

2 Likes

I won’t lie I play a lot of APM builds in battlegrounds so for me playing that combo wasn’t really a big deal.

The embiggen patches set up is basically 100% win in two turns going first unless your opponent has a ready otk.

Or runs Flik Skyshiv with the coin?