To anyone playing arena: Do you enjoy the dual class?

For me it was fun the first couple of weeks, but we’re like 3 months in and still no actual changes, appart from the random set rotations. Do you like dual class or classic arena?

For me, it really depends on the season or the meta. There have been some past dual-class Arena seasons that I thought were terrible.

I enjoyed the last two dual-class seasons, and I am not sure about the current one, because I have not played it enough yet.

Over the last 6 months, I have noticed more friends playing Arena, and if there is an increase in Arena’s popularity, then the devs may be correlating that increase with the recent dual-class seasons, causing them to keep dual-class for a third season in a row.

I did a run right after the patch and it was weird. I never got a single card to draft from the first class i picked. Just neutrals and a couple for the second class. Even my legendary card choices at the beginning were all neutrals.

1 Like

Just scrap Arena. It has to be at least partly Constructed; you keep having to drop synergy cards because you may get anti-synergy next; it makes the whole Format obnoxious even from the selection process. Give a random 15-card deck of a certain synergy and you pick only the rest cards or something.

I may have had that happen a few times during last season, but I do not remember if was because it offered no cards from one of the classes or there was just was not any from that class which were worth taking.

The Alterac Valley, Sunken City, and Scolomance expansions have no DK cards to offer for that class, which makes me wonder if we tend to get offered less DK cards to pick from during a DK draft.

I have a Shaman-Mage draft that’s got a great 6-0 run going so far. I played a guy who got some crazy good value against a strong board of mine by playing Witherspine Enchanter.

https://imgur.com/a/bn24RQA

Oh ya, since only barcode accounts are to be found on the current Season 49 Arena leaderboards, it’s once again easy to see the most common naming conventions of bot accounts and which servers are plagued most by barcodes in Arena:

https://imgur.com/a/TFZanzY

1 Like