Tips needed for guff's A party of Adventurers

I chose the deal 2 damage hero power, mulled the 2 mana 2/3 (which seems to always give you Rest and Relaxation), and played Bloom into Growth as my opener. I played RnR on 5 mana and hit the 2 mana rush beast. I innervated into Guardian Animals on 7 mana and hit a Lake Thrasher. Played another GA on 8 mana and hit a Twilight Runner. My opponent didn’t have very many poisonous minions either which made it way easier to get value off of Thrasher and Runner.

Imo, this is omega high roll. Especially considering how many beasts are in this deck…idk if theres an easier way to win this one.

Speaking of Mutanus that is insane. It is frustrating beyond belief. I try to take out his murlocs and run out of cards. Can’t even get on the offensive because my minions die before they can attack. It is almost like it was designed by a sadist.

The way I did it whas taking Rokara and swept out the 0 Mana card that makes an animal toxic. You need a little bit of luck there that especially on start he is not playing baby murloc.
Then try to keep the board clean especially if he summon the murloc that make other murlocs haste or the murloc caravan. Keep Guffs love card so if the chance is there you can trade it, best if it is a murloc with Deathrattle because then you profit from it.
You need Rokaras buff because Mutanus likes to ignore you and with taunt from Rokara you can trade in at least.
Oh and NEVER play the card that makes all cards go costing 1 Mana.
It is a trap that makes you waste a turn while he get to play many murlocs.

Interesting as the two videos showing that part of guff have that card being played: trump and Book of Mercenaries - Guff vs Mutanus Also [Dawngrasp is said to have the edge] per “How to defeat Mutanus the Devourer in Hearthstone’s Book of Mercenaries: Guff”

Dawngrasp is only giving you a mere 1/1 freezing shard for one mana which Mutanus can easily pick with one of the weaker murlocs. Which means the murloc is still there. With Rokara your minion get stronger and you get flesh shield so Mutanus has to trade which is exactly what you want. Best if you have the luck to get moonfang too because with it he will take 4 Murlocs with him.
About the card, it is extrem highly situational. You will want to play when the board is clear and you have many strong minions in hand with haste to play them.
If the bord is not clear because it delates your manacrystals and it make Ligthningblossoms cost mana too, it makes effective doing this for a full turn. This can Mutanus use to play more murlocs and in next turn two more murlocs.
With how hard them hit you want to clear them asap and counterattack.
While the card itself is powerfull for the fight before or after Mutanus, it is wrong in the fight with Mutanus because this is a battle between two Aggrodecks and the person wins, that trades better and is faster. With its 7 mana cost the point where you want to use it means you have either already got the winning course and do not need it anymore, are in deep trouble and can not effort to waste one turn doing nothing. Most of the time it will be latter.

So yeah Mutanus is a fight about speed where wasting one turn doing nothing so you can two turns later play two 10 Manacards or waste another turn to play on the second turn 4 cards is simply not comming up.

Frozen so they are just sitting there.

I finally won it…with Dawngrasp. Rokara is more luck based and can easily be overwealmed. Also Moonfang is easily killed by that murloc that causes damage every time another murloc is played and since murlocks are so cheap it can go from 3 health to 0 very quickly.

There is a reason the two videos and tip guide all used/suggest Dawngrasp. You can generally get three of her freeze what it hits minons out before Mutanus plays something.

Yes this fight is all about trading but it is still way too much luck based to be truly enjoyable. Glad that that pain is finally over.

Definitely RNG. Tried 15x, just finally beat em’ with 28 health and 32 armor…

I’ve tried multiple times to beat this and not once even come close to winning. Pretty much the only reason I’ve not given up is I want to complete all the Book of Mercenaries stories, I’ve tried every tactic I can find online

I finally beat it…after I dread to think how many attempts…and all because I RNG’d a…I forget the name of the card, the raptor who adapts every time you attack the hero, and the AI couldn’t take it out (I took great pleasure in hitting the 3 health AI with its 8 attack)

Oh my - such a pain.

My tips that finally beat this:
a) Take the 2 damage / +2 spell power - this can be used for direct face damage at the end if you can get close. In the meantime can pick off the poison minions.
b) I dropped the bloom but kept the growth (played that on 3 mana) - so opened slowly and built up a decent pool of minions in my hand. There’s not much damage coming in early.
c) Key for me was Druid of the Plains + hero power to kill off a poison minion. For once no spell removal on their side. Starfall next turn to clear the deck. Then Druid of the Plains again. Then Starfall or Swipe again.
Gave me 2x6 attack minions attacking for 2 rounds.
Hero power to finish.

Very much a matter of luck over skill.

I finally beat this crap fight by keeping the Meeting Stone she summons alive so it floods her hand with adventurers and blocks her from top-decking her good cards, and also using brokan’s ability to snipe poison minions.

I managed to beat the adventurers after 20 tries that encounter definetly needs a nerf.I managed to beat it with brukan zaping poison minions and trading smartly after the 20th attempt im just glad im out of that difficult beyond measure fight.I attacked face and at the end used lightning to the face to beat her.

Suggestion for Blizzard to nerf the adventurers is this:

• increase her hero power to cost 4 mana

• remove the poison and divine shield adventurers

• give guf better cards to make up for the poison and removal cards she has.

i am about to try at least to beat the last 2 story parts and will keep updating what needs nerf on them onec i manage somehow to beat em.

Retiring Guff until they nerf that bull****. Absolutely fracking stupid.

The best hero power to defeat ‘a party of adventures’ is Brukan power. Build up as much armour as possible, and try to do damage on her from the very start, and even if you must let the enemy minions attack you. Just try to go for her, and you’ll see that her 30 health will go down pretty soon. Shuffle the first set of cards you get. And use the minions sweeper cards wisely. You’ll make it :slight_smile: Just keep trying.

The best strategy for defeating Lady Anacondra (at least for me) was using the 1 cost hero power with the freezing minion each time. I used them each round. They helped me keep the poisonous minions at bay, while going straight for her. I won on my second try using this hero power. The first try I used Brukan, but it didn’t work. So I figured the 1 cost freezing minion hero power would be most suitable to defeat Lady Anacondra against her poisonous hero power, keeping her minions at bay. It was quite easy. I also shuffled my first set of cards on the second try. You’ll make it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes this! It took me forever, but this is the way to start. Thank you.

Bloom doesn’t do anything if you use it first turn

NVM I see they changed how this card works, now this is even harder to beat this retarded adventures

Yeah, I can definitely see how they killed this battle with the Bloom change. No more Bloom + Growth destroys your ability to deal with the Adventurers in the early game which will really have a domino effect.

Thanks my guy! I had tried so many times now - but this here did it! Folks this is the way to go for this stupid quest… Won the first time after this :smiley: