Tip the Scales Paladin

I genuinely thought this card was already HoF’d.

Well, unfortunately it wasn’t.

1 Like

blame hunterace :slightly_smiling_face:

I literally got highrolled to the max the first time I faced this deck.

Disgusting pile of uninteractive garbage.

3 Likes

“Barnes decks are good for the game” - No one, ever.

2 Likes

its just an arena deck unless they get alura on 4

1 Like

That doesn’t appear to be true, btw.

The alura scam looks like the equivalent of an early Edwin in Rogue in that the deck seems pretty functional outside of that, and the win rates (with a small sample size) are there to back that up.
It can be the auto win, but lots of people were making Ramp Pally work all over ladder before, so it makes sense that a version with some better early threats from the murloc package would do pretty okay.

2 Likes

You guys weren’t around when prismatic lens was around lul

8 Likes

the ramp version is a different deck from the one hunterace and other high level players have been playing on high legend

Rigged Ramp draw and the murlocs with Rush+Windfury to control the board made this deck an actual thing. Lmao it’s pretty stupid.

Ran into this today. Got that Alura out turn 4 (maybe 5) into coin. Holy Crap!! Board full of murlocs, including two Warleaders and the Murloc Prime. I must have been facing at least 30 damage on board.

I disagree. I thought it was hilarious! Kicked my butt, but still hilarious. Might even try it out myself tonight.

Scam? How is that card a scam?

1 Like

It’s a scam when it casts an 8-mana spell. Cheating out a giant spell 4 turns early often wins the game on the spot with little to no way for the opponent to have prevented it.

2 Likes

It is, but both versions are viable ladder decks. This one with the murloc shell looks much stronger in general, but the only point I’m making is it’s certainly not an “arena deck” in games where it doesn’t play Tip with Alura.

The most annoying play this deck can pull off is definitely the Alura highroll. It’s rigged to cast Scales after all.

That often times instawins and it’s not hard to get this highroll. Literally just be on coin or get Wandmaker lol.

Noz ramp is somewhat “counterable” by a bunch of decks. Like Control Priest, swarm Druid setting up a sticky board first, otk DH (literally playing solitaire lmao). But still cheesy when the immediate followup is Scales.

2 Likes

The fact that this is becoming a meta deck just further kills constructed for me. I’m disliking the direction they are taking with HS; High Abess Alura was a terrible design.

2 Likes

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

“Mana cheat” in various forms has been part of Hearthstone for a long time. This is a pretty strong “mana cheat” if you can pull it off, but it’s not a scam any more than, say, Mecha’thun.

1 Like

It’s not very easy for any deck that’s not control priest to win if they pull off Alura + Scales into Nozdormu into N’zoth into “SEND IN THE CLOWNS!”

I definitely do not want to see this deck become a force in the meta. Remember how everyone hated even paladin due to Call to Arms? Well, sometimes - sometimes - it feels like paladin’s nearly always having a deck up that specializes in this kinda highrolling.

Mana cheating is fine, but not to the extent paladin’s been utilizing lately.

2 Likes

Alura is probably my favorite new card…and sadly I know it will have to be nerfed.

It is too good In ramp pally on turn 4.

I guess standard will suffer for a week now like wild did lol :laughing:

The deck is dirty… started at Diamond 5 this morning when I saw this post. Totally over the meta decks… bored. I thought, “I’ll give it a whirl”.

Just hit legend.

1 Like

Yikes what beats this deck? Aggro rogue or face hunter? Seems like they have a great shot at noz with the tutor or alura on T4 and after that it looks like it would be pretty tough to come back. They might even start running nozari if everyone starts going face.

Nozari probably doesn’t help much, unfortunately. There are two general archetypes of aggro deck (not to get into the semantics of “aggro”). There’s burn-based aggro like hammer shaman, Face Hunter, Weapon Rogue kinda, then there’s board based-aggro like Zoo and this.

Healing helps a ton against the former, once the burn is gone it’s gone. Not so much against the latter.

In other words, heal up with Nozari if you want, all you did was develop a 4/12. The board that dealt all the damage to you is still there, and perfectly capable of dealing it again.