Tip the scales paladin card

8 mana summon 7 murlocs from your deck, paladin card.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/6819-new-paladin-card-revealed-tip-the-scales

5 Likes

7 Likes

This is a Wild card.

And I am beginning to lose interest in this expansion.

Blizzard sucks at consistency.

How many archetypes for Paladin were hinted at?
And how many of these are viable?

13 Likes

Pretty meh in Standard but pretty strong in Wild. I keep expecting to see a new Paladin Murloc, other than Sir Finley of the Sands, because it seems they’re pushing Murloc Paladin again.

2 Likes

Coulda sworn Blizz listed Murlocs as a Shaman strength XD. That said they also said paladin can swarm I believe so uhhhh…this fits.

2 Likes

Mhm this card is really strong in wild, play this afterwards anyfin can happen if you get cleared.
Think standard is gonna get terrorized by murlocs aswell.

Is this Recruit-style? Or summoning copies from your deck?

Maybe in the next expansion this card will be good I think… there is a lack of Murloc synergy I believe for Paladin to be at Shaman murloc level competitive wise.

1 Like

It appears to be Recruit-style. The cards says to summon 7 Murlocs from your deck, not copies of them.

1 Like

Its recruit effect i think yes.
3:25 this card gets played.

1 Like

starts up deep fryer

Whose up for a fish fry?

Ppppsssshhh…Paladins and Shamans think they’re so cool with their murloc swarms. I got some very Hungry Crabs waiting for a tasty snack. Hahahaha!

(Watch me wind up being the first to post about the OP-ness of murlocs…:joy::joy::joy::joy:)

4 Likes

Blizzard’s first confirmed expansion for wild ever. Grats blizzard.

3 Likes

Seriously, these are all so underwhleming in standard but so impactfull in wild.

1 Like

Is this expansion even meant for standard? Or its some hybrid of standard / wild? I guess for people playing wild its nice expansion so far but …

Secret paladin - not enough support - fail
Dragon paladin - not enough support/no OP cards to fit the meta - fail
Heal paladin - not enough support - fail
Mech paladin - barely viable but nothing exceptional at all, hard countered by certain decks

And now they are going to push murloc paladin? For gods sake. Cant you just make single interesting deck instead of rush something not even playable, then scrap it and release something completely different? That way you would just make the class unplayable.

Imagine if they completely abandoned hunter mech and beast synergy for 2 expansions and released forced pirate and murloc synergy for them while also crippling their core cards.

Though I have said months ago, I have lost all my faith for them to be any competent of comming up with some solid content. Looks like no reason to change my opinion so far.

If you wanted to make wild players happy, why not to release limited cards for wild only you could buy instead of pushing it to standard expansion?

2 Likes

Wow this is bad talking from a Standard PoV since I don’t really consider Wild when I look at a card that format is just to insane for me. Obviously a Murloc deck will never ever play the long game, unless we get a new OTK combo card like the old Paladin res card.

If you pack your deck you can of course consistently get to turn 8 with 7 murlocs left in your deck the question is what quality will they be. And getting to turn 8 without pulling the really good Murlocs I just dont see that happening. So this card is completely crap.

This would be more exciting if most good paladin murlocs weren’t battlecry effects. (Or if paladin actually had full board buffs)

Still, it highly thins the deck, so if murloc pally is decent, the only cards left in there would be whatever high cost things you want to finish with.

1 Like

This is just generally disappointing to me.

I am a Wild player, but Anyfin Paladin?

Really?

Can’t they print something useful to the class as a whole?
Not an auto-include, but anything that works with all those archetypes which will end up dead in Wild, because they never receive what they need to be more than jokes in Standard.

1 Like

I was hoping that Blizzard wouldn’t give Paladin Murlocs again. This card seems to have a questionable power level in Standard. The card offers a lot of deck thinning and board presence, but it can be cleared very easy by aoe cards like Warpath and Murlocs with Battlecries like Toxfin and Coldlight Seer won’t be able to provide buffs if pulled. For such a high cost, unless Murloc Paladin gets significant support in the next expansion, this seems like a weak card.

I’m scared for Paladin. If its last four cards don’t give it another viable archetype, the class will have to continue relying on Mechs and Shirvallah.

2 Likes

Sh!te Paladin epics being released has become a trend.

Because Paladin isn’t in fact Mage, they aren’t allowed to ever get good cards. Simple stuff really.

1 Like

Excluding Legendaries, that is.
But they alone do not make a deck viable.