TIME WARP MAGE.... What took you so LONG!

OMG… Honestly why did it take BLizzard So to fix this card. Did someone at Mirosoft put you up to it?

It’s about time. Jesus.

I’m happy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What does your name mean? Are you playing in top 2k on NA?

I just saw someone there with a similar name, but it can’t possibly be you

wasnt me this time…

2 Likes

You’re right, they should have kept sorc apprentice at 2 mana but made it the effect “not less than (1)”, because sorc apprentice at 4 mana is/was still a thing that could happen with molten reflections/reverberations with Infinite Time Warp, etc

1 Like

It was a good nerf if they give mage a viable deck in Wild to replace it.
Otherwise it just proves team 5 really dislikes mage players.

1 Like

I dont agree here, it just proves yet again they cave to pressure.
Its not that they dislike Mage ,they get bombarded 24/7 with class hate lunacy and are just giving the player base what they want(all you need is to look at this forums to see how deep that rabits hole is).

As for giving something else to Mage that would involve doing some thinking (working out what endless card killing nerfs to revert is hard work) , and as we all know they are alergic to putting in effort on something that doesnt give them money like wild.

1 Like

It’s ridiculous. Priest is running the same deck only better with dragons.
Spell damage is better in other classes too.
Ditto burn, tempo, secrets, stall…
If they don’t hate mage players they give a remarkable performance portraying those who do.

1 Like

If Mage had the current Shaman burn cards people would be having aneurysms , no joke.

1 Like

Priest Dragon got nerfed, too to a much larger requirement

1 Like

Well, Im glad it got nerfed. 'cause it’s the same strategy.
Better deck though, and, it’s probably not dead, whereas TW is.

The best zarimi lists only ran 8 dragons, which is the new requirement, which means they have to make their deck so much worse to make it work consistently.

At least in standard, in wild the deck is just a lot slower

Its not, i was already in many cases above the requirement when i played Zarimi.
What i feared was a mana nerf that would have been much worse.this card was never intended to work in fast aggro playstyles anyway.

And Priest also got a removal buff in the deck in this patch.

1 Like

The sorcer’s apprentice was also a card that needed adjustment. You just proving that you’re salty about the nerf that was a long time in the making by belittling other players.

Time warp was never intended to have infiniate turns. Cards such as ice block, solid alibi, frost nova, compounded the issue, especially when mages have multiple ways to gain multiple copies of these cards.

Just like Mindrender Illucia, the madness can only go on for so long till its time for the axe. Time warp mage was wild’s version of Turtle mage, a deck they quickly nerfed in standard, a deck basically did the same thing; denying your opponent the ability to have a fair fight.

5 Likes

The fact is that every viable mage playstyle has now been taken away only to reappear in a modified form for other classes.
And people say the portrait doesn’t matter, lol.

I do agree to this to some extent - but I am not a big fan of “extra turn” effect either, especially if they can be abused. MTG has released quite a few cards that were easily taken advantage of that they just had to outright ban it. Because lets face it, it is not good game design to have infinite turns. The only upside that MTG has over HS is that you can actually interact and might be able to stop them from doing it.

With that being said - it’s interesting that they limit the once per game effect to just TW and not just Zarimi itself. One could say you can keep copying the card, but it’s not efficient in that matter I suppose.

1 Like

Make no mistake: I’m glad TW is done.
I never liked the deck.
I just think it’s interesting how Priest has virtually the same thing and that’s ok.
Seems like any playstyle is ok, provided mage isn’t allowed to have it.
Team 5’s slip is showing.

Whatever the class you play, if you can’t win by playing a whole extra turn, you deserve to lose IMHO.

Unlimited extra turns was totally ridiculous. Always has been.

1 Like

I still win many games in Wild just with secret decks and that is not something that other classes can easily replicate. It still has a unique feel to it. Mage secrets are still very powerful and can win games by repeatedly denying the opponent.

Same with Jaina frost decks and the random spell high roll decks that can be played with mage.

I do not know if there are “legend” viable mage decks in Wild but Mage is far from unplayable.

You know actually. Now that Time Warp has been fixed, I am feeling a lot less intimidated when I play my no-time warp mages against other mages. It pretty much was auto-lose before.

Wow, they actually nerfed Open The Waygate… Took them long enough.

2 Likes