Time to nerf mage

I looked it up so this is a new deck il try it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

One day, in the far futureā€¦

2 Likes

Whereā€™s that from? Looks like a neat video game.

Itā€™s the Borg from Star Trek. Basically, a race of biological cyborgs that are connected to a hive mind hellbent on converting all life forms to their race for complete dominance of the entire universe.

Redundant. Cyborg means cybernetic organism. Ainā€™t no other kind.

1 Like

I like redundancy like I like redundancy.

2 Likes

Weā€™re merely biological machines that kinda self replicate.

Machines? Yes. Cybernetic machines? Not so much.

How not cybernetic? :thinking:

Reminds me somewhat of Mass Effect.

1 Like

The data does not reflect this.

According to vs 278

Mage is tier 1 in plat and diamond 5 to 10
But then it drops to tier 2 in diamond 1 to 5 and legend
By top 1k legend itā€™s near bottom of tier 2

This looks more like what people used to say about paladin decks. Itā€™s good at climbing but falls off at higher levels of play because more skilled players know how to deal with mage and/or skill on the mage part has little impact on making the deck better.

If everyone played with top 1000 Legend skill, but we had Diamond 4-1 deck popularity, the top of the meta would look something like this:

Class Deck WR
Warrior Enrage 54.95%
Mage Rainbow 52.08%
Rogue Mech 51.96%
Paladin Pure 51.80%
Warlock Chad 51.59%
Warrior Control 50.33%
DH Relic 50.24%
Priest Control 50.03%

Iā€™d have to apply some heavy sophistry to conceal the fact that enrage warrior is by far the best deck in the format, But in my opinion, rainbow mage is legitimately second.

For further details: The effect of skill, quantified. DR278

Yeah, similar to The Flood in Halo as well, except the Borg are highly intelligent and the organism they assimilate into their ranks seem to keep their personality traits, etc but take on a ā€œIā€™ve seen the light and this is the wayā€ type of mentality or brainwashing.

Itā€™s pretty cool imo.

Thatā€™s one long topic. In the middle of a match, but Iā€™ll read in a moment, thanks.

And I accidentally started another match. :laughing:

1 Like

Nothing wrong here.

This is just sloppy analysis. The proper method for measuring the effect of skill on win rate is not simply higher ranks, but the change in individual matchup win rates across ranks. For example, control priest versus enrage warrior is 53-47 priest at D4-1 and 59-41 priest at top 1000 Legend, thatā€™s +6%.

The truth is that Rainbow Mage rewards skill second best (behind control priest) and is a strong deck to begin with. The reason itā€™s weakened at high ranks is because the meta shifts against it hard, and even then it doesnā€™t go below Tier 2.

1 Like

I actually read the op, then double checked the date, assuming this was a necro thread, ha.

1 Like

I said this is what people have said for paladins. Iā€™m only applying their analysis, which people happily accepted when it was to mock those boring OP paladins.

And now the same people will likely buy whatever your conclusions drew because it uplifts their favorite deck or class.

Youā€™re just advertising your own work in that other thread. You even linked it.

Book author tells people to believe in the things he wrote in his book (and not ones that might say something else). Cool story bro.

That sounds more like the deck is OP, not that itā€™s skill. The deck is so OP, even when the meta shifts against it, itā€™s still doing ok!

1 Like

This. Win rates across rank bands are not comparable because win rates are a weighted average of unique conditions that change.

I lolā€™d.

Yes, but this specific example contradicts all that work because skill isnā€™t the exclusive answer in either case, which disproves the premise of all that gibberish.

Like I was telling kills, there is an argument that the deck is really good.

1 Like

As a person who has returnred after a LONG hiatus - I see things havenā€™t changed ā€œMage seems to actually be doing mildly okā€¦ā€ response ā€œNERF IT NERF ITā€

1 Like

And donā€™t forget, itā€™s hella fiery fun! Below is the most played Rainbow Mage deck top 1,000 legend, past 3 days:

Rainbow Mage

Rainbow Mage

Class: Mage

Format: Standard

2x (1) Arcane Artificer

2x (1) Arcane Wyrm

2x (1) Discovery of Magic

2x (1) Flame Geyser

2x (2) Cosmic Keyboard

1x (2) Infinitize the Maxitude

2x (2) Prismatic Elemental

2x (2) Void Scripture

1x (3) Molten Rune

2x (3) Reverberations

2x (4) Cold Case

2x (4) Inquisitive Creation

1x (4) Volume Up

1x (5) Lady Nazā€™jar

2x (5) Wisdom of Norgannon

1x (6) Norgannon

1x (6) Sif

2x (7) Elemental Inspiration

AAECAf0EBtiyBOv0BYf1BdD4BdH4Bcv+BQzb3gSqmAWrmAWAwgXs9gXe+AW//gXY/gWk/wXxgAaDlQayngYAAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

1 Like