Tickatus balance suggestion

Because it’s a BS card. Why should a card be able to remove 1/3 of a deck? Every time it’s played against they can bring out him twice. Plus it’s an 8/8! Let it destroy 3 cards. 5 is freaking ridiculous.

1 Like

nothing to do ?im pretty sure thats a lie
most of of the nerfs we had since the game release hit the best deck/s at the time

They nerfed it because players found a degenerate way to perma-freeze the enemy board… I’m pretty sure that loop wasn’t intended.

Now, Tickatus… The card works as advertised, the deck that uses it is pretty bad, the only thing (some) people have against it is “it feels bad to lose to”, many don’t really care - it’s just a payoff, and not a very good one at that. I don’t see how that’s much worse than Mecha’thun.
If they didn’t nerf Jades, if they didn’t nerf Res Priest, I don’t see how they’ll nerf that one (or they’ll have really caved in to the forum ragers).

I have yet to encounter this deck. Should i be worried?

Make a Control priest deck and start playing with it and it will pop against you.

I don’t see how that’s much worse than Mecha’thun.
If they didn’t nerf Jades, if they didn’t nerf Res Priest, I don’t see how they’ll nerf that one (or they’ll have really caved in to the forum ragers).

How you don’t see how it’s much worse…? All these cards you said have a counterplay. Mecha’thun with deck trasher or combo piece disruption, Jade with the Jade eater minion, Res priest I have a druid deck just to counter them filling their minion pool with trash.

What you do against Tickatus? Play Agro?

1 Like

You don’t have to play aggro decks, you just have to pressure them to the point that they can’t play a corrupted tickatus without dying. Or just be able to win the game with what you have left. Plenty of decks are capable of this. Even control warrior can counter tickatus by keeping ETC/Rattlegore in the mulligan.

The deck will win sometimes and it feels really bad to lose to it, but it’s very beatable with most anything.

2 Likes
1 Like

3200 dust waiting room here :sunglasses:

Lol nice suggestion…just kill your opponent before he plays tickatus right haha
Would really like to know the winrate of this card in wild after you have played it. I guess it’s around 90%.

1 Like

Cmon so many things that was simply too annoying has been nerfed. The reason for something being nerfed is not always because its strong, it can also because its annoying.

1 Like

They nerfed tortollan because it was annoying as hell. Tortollan also worked as advertised also, same as potion of illusion , intented or not.

I can say same about tickatus maybe it wasnt intented to be succesfully played more than once. Same as tortollan. So many mill cards have been nerfed before.

So that it might happen with tickatus, the chance is certainly there.

1 Like

Thing with tortolan mage was that they most likely haven’t predicted this awful combo. They knew what they did when they introduced Tickatus and I’m sure some whining forum posters won’t change anything this card.

You don’t have to play aggro decks, you just have to pressure them to the point that they can’t play a corrupted tickatus without dying. Or just be able to win the game with what you have left. Plenty of decks are capable of this. Even control warrior can counter tickatus by keeping ETC/Rattlegore in the mulligan.

The deck will win sometimes and it feels really bad to lose to it, but it’s very beatable with most anything.

Look at your suggestion. Your suggestion is the same if they print a card with the effect “At the start of your turn, win the game” you will just say “Ah it’s ok, you just have to pressure them to the point that they can’t play the WIN THE GAME card without dying”.

At this point Blizzard can print the Deadly Spore Dungeon Run boss card and people will just act like it’s normal, because you just need to pressure them and hold a damage spell to kill the spore.

That’s not a good point man. No card should be ‘win before they play it and it’s ok’.

Deadly Spore is a 1 mana 1/1 minion with “Poisonous to heroes” effect.

1 Like

It’s not but okay…

The argument of the dude is “you just have to pressure them to the point that they can’t play a corrupted tickatus without dying”.

The reply was not for you.

It’s not the whole argument, because Henteye also said

That’s a super stupid argument. I have 0 cards in my hand/deck. Tell me to win with what I have left.
How do you win if your combo pieces got burned? How do you win if your value cards got burned? Use magic to get cards out of nowhere? No, it is not possible to win if your win conditions are gone.

Yes sometimes you are lucky and have already drawn your combo pieces and can finish him. Yes, sometimes you have luck, he draws bad and you can kill him because he can’t withstand your pressure. But most of the time you won’t have luck and you don’t want to rely on luck. There is no counterplay and the card and its effect is just broken for a single card

1 Like

Well then you lost I guess? Happens, just like when I lose if I empty my hand just to see how my minions are getting destroyed by an aoe.

1 Like

OK, and now tell me how often it is ok to just lose after your opponent plays a single card that targets 2 archetypes at once (control and combo). 100%? 90%? 50%?
You must be joking. Yes aoe cards can kill aggro but it’s very different. Most of the time you need 2-3 aoe to win and aggro usually uses all their cards to fill the board. Aoe is the counterplay to board filling. What is the counterplay to Tickatus? There is none.

1 Like

When you get cards from your deck burned you not always have 0 in your hand.

Just saying.

The only game I literally find a tickatus I was able to finish the game 2 or 3 turns after fatigue with what I had in the hand.

You have to choice what is your best chance and go for it.
In general the best is just to not be desperate and try to get the most important cards before tickatus comes to play.

With that said…

In wild I think the card is probably a little on the strong side but control and combo decks in wild also have access to stuff that get you to very worse feelings.

So even if you nerf the card for wild you not need a card killing nerf.
Even more because polkelt is also a card and has to be put in check by something.

It’s good for tickatus to be there so people stop polkelt builds in the format because that guy gonna 100% be a staple if unchecked.

Control can’t really do much against the effect. I prefer you reach a high ranking just to avoid them there. Anyway, even if it triggers two archetypes, it doesn’t mean that it destroy your win condition except when your deck is really slow.