This week's Tavern Brawl inspired me

I liked the idea of using only classic, basic and common is it? SO, I crafted this brawl deck… I won my brawl… SO, I thought what the heck, take it into ranked… I lost only 2 games out of 6 so far… DRUID, it cannot defeat so far… I am at 15… Though I do not expect to rise any higher, but at least I won’t drop lower…

Funny, how when you remove all the new fancy crap, traditional stuff, actually isn’t so bad… SOMETIMES…

Brawl Deck

Class: Mage

Format: Standard

Year of the Dragon

2x (1) Magic Trick

2x (1) Tome of Intellect

1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze

2x (2) Ancient Mysteries

2x (2) Arcane Flakmage

2x (3) Arcane Intellect

1x (3) Counterspell

1x (3) Dune Sculptor

2x (3) Flame Ward

1x (3) Ice Barrier

2x (3) Messenger Raven

1x (4) Conjurer’s Calling

1x (4) Fireball

2x (4) Polymorph

2x (5) Cloud Prince

1x (6) Blizzard

2x (6) Khartut Defender

2x (6) Safeguard

1x (7) Flamestrike

AAECAf0ECHG7AskD7QSKB+wHg5YDiKkDC02rBOeVA6aYA8CYA/+dA6GhA76kA7+kA92pA/SrAwA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

1 Like

Cheers to you for having a good experience and coming here to share it with us!

Well, I knew I could not get past 15… I cannot seem to win outside of 1 for every 5 games played… Still before this I was going back and forth with Reno Mage, and Dragon Mage. Dragon while good, seems too heavy handed… RENO, is just way too draw dependant. I cannot fill my hand with a crap ton of draw cards… Still, even being Reno, I can have only one of everything. SO, Mage sux monkey butt… BUT, we can at least rank 15… I am so good with that… :stuck_out_tongue:
CHEERS!!

I… actually had a decent time too, for the few games I played.

Had two Warlock and a Tavern Brawl quest, so I put together an Egg-Lock. It’d been so long since last I played this kind of deck, I’d completely forgotten just how many synergy cards there were when you include the Wild collection. Old cards like Sanguine Revelers, Power Overwhelming, and Ravenous Pterrodax combine well with newcomers like the Snake Egg, EVIL Genius, and Lackeys in general. And hey, I even got to use the old Spellstones - the new buffed Spirit Bomb is actually pretty comparable to Soulfire in many ways, and sets up those Hooked Reavers nicely too.

It’s almost kind of fun - I like DK Gul’Dan and I’ll admit I’ve always had a weak spot for Shudderwock, but the nice part about this game brawl is that there’s no threat of some super card on the other side of a dozen removals spells that will immediately lock the game out. My games were actually quite trade centric!

The power level is definitely way lower. The exclusion of epics is also a strange positive; I was realizing when facing a Priest that I didn’t have to worry about a Psychic Scream, and against a Hunter I could outlast them without DK Rexxar outvaluing me or Zul’Jin flipping the board, or a Void Lord on turn 4-5 creating an impassable wall.

Mmm, my usual budget laddering deck is Mech Hunter… but now I want to see if an Egg Deck is still a possible choice.

I just played Secret Mage and collected my free wins. It’s already a tier 1 deck in Wild, so in this Tavern Brawl it’s even more busted.

ok so while rank 15 is awesome for someone who rarely makes it past 18, I’d still like a deck that has a chance… My secrets are just not cutting it, SO I cut them out… I made a new deck, still I cannot beat druid… BUT, I cannot win them all…
Looking for opinions, PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, I am only using cards that comply with this weeks Tavern Brawl… And only standard mode… I hate wild.

Brawl Deck 2

Class: Mage

Format: Standard

Year of the Dragon

2x (1) Magic Trick

2x (1) Ray of Frost

2x (1) Tome of Intellect

1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze

2x (2) Firetree Witchdoctor

2x (2) Frostbolt

2x (3) Arcane Intellect

1x (3) Dune Sculptor

2x (3) Messenger Raven

2x (4) Bone Wraith

1x (4) Conjurer’s Calling

2x (4) Fireball

2x (4) Polymorph

2x (4) Twilight Drake

2x (6) Blizzard

2x (6) Khartut Defender

1x (7) Flamestrike

AAECAf0EBIoH7AeDlgOIqQMNTbsCyQOrBJYFjQjoiQPnlQOmmAOfmwP/nQOhoQPypQMA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone