This week's Tavern Brawl for New Players

Hello, if you are struggling to complete the Tavern Brawl this week due to lack of cards, then perhaps these pointers will help you.

This week’s Tavern Brawl has you build a deck where all minions count as part of every tribe (Elementals, Mechs, Demons, Dragons, Beasts, Pirates, Totems). As you might imagine, things can be quite powerful when suddenly all minions count as Murlocs to buff, for example.

• Use cards from your collection that generate multiple minions. Examples would include Mecharoo, Bug Collector, Spark Engine, EVIL Cable Rat, SN1P-SN4P. This is because of the next thing on this list,
  • Cards that destroy certain types of minions are strong in this Brawl. The main two are Golakka Crawler (Un’Goro) which destroys a Pirate, and Hungry Crab (Classic) which destroys a Murloc. Both can provide board swings that are difficult to come back from if you don’t have these cards yourself. If you happen to have these cards, save it for when you really need it. Don’t use it right away. This is why you want to run cards that generate multiple minions, so that they can’t destroy your whole card.
  • If you need to fill in gaps in your deck, add some minions that draw cards Novice Engineer and Loot Hoarder can do just fine. This is also why Underbelly Angler (RoS) in Shaman is very strong, when used effectively can generate the player tons of cards to exhaust their opponent’s resources.
  • Take advantage of synergies available in Standard Sets. You will likely not want to craft the old cards that enhance tribal synergies such as Ship’s Cannon for Pirates, just for this Brawl. Instead, take advantage of Murloc synergies and Magnetic Mechs to keep your board.

I cannot cover everything, and the Brawl “meta” is changing as we speak (I am seeing control tools now) so do your best.

Some matchups are just very difficult to win, so, play another match.

This was what I managed to come up with on my EU collection. Would swap in Void Analyst though.

Custom Warlock

Class: Warlock

Format: Wild

1x (1) Abusive Sergeant

1x (1) Flame Imp

1x (1) Kobold Librarian

1x (1) Mecharoo

1x (1) Mortal Coil

1x (1) Plague of Flames

1x (1) Skaterbot

2x (1) Soulfire

2x (1) Voidwalker

1x (1) Witchwood Imp

1x (2) Bug Collector

2x (2) Demonfire

1x (2) Knife Juggler

1x (2) Loot Hoarder

2x (2) Novice Engineer

2x (2) Spark Engine

1x (2) Void Analyst

2x (3) Bronze Gatekeeper

1x (3) Felguard

1x (3) Sense Demons

1x (3) SN1P-SN4P

2x (4) Explodinator

1x (5) Doomguard

AAEBAf0GEPIB+wGFBPcE3AaxCMIIxAjy0AKe8QKf9QLD/QL2/QKLqQOdqQOftwMHMJwCzgf2CKX1AomAA5KAAwA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

1 Like

If you have access to wild cards, I would consider the following neutral commons

Galvanizer (not wild, bdp)
Mechwarper (gvg)
Ship’s Cannon (gvg)

If you get a slow start, the reduced costs from Galvanizer, Mechwarper let you spew out your entire hand, while doing damage to the enemy. Compared to Knife Juggler, Ship’s Cannon has a better body, and does more damage.

1 Like