This has to stop now! (or maybe not)

Let’s talk about Tickatus (yeah, again)
I mean it’s kinda funny, but once u use it, it’s almost impossible to win the match (if you’re the opponent). A nerf would literally kill the card, but what about being banned? Just like you banned some cards for duels. I’ve been thinking about this, and I think Tickatus must be only for casual matches (wanna play meme decks, go ahead), cause how you can compete with Tickatus?

1. The opponent gets the worst possible rng and Tick it’s at the bottom (last card).
  2. Use Illucia to discard your opponent’s deck. However you need 9 mana (or 8 + the coins) to achieve this… by that time Tick I already corrupted, so either way your deck will be discarded.
  3. Use an aggressive deck to win as fast as possible.

Any other way to counter Tick?

Btw, I’m just suggesting. It’s an idea which, of course, blizzard will ignore as always. But I wanna hear what does the community think.

Greetings everyone!

The only way to counter Tick is using your own Tick to burn opponent Tick.

Why do you need more than three ways of countering Tickatus?

You smash the warlock’s face. You don’t wait for it to burn your cards, you kill it. Warlock even helps you by using their own health for card draw.

If you can’t beat tickatus at least half the time you need to change your deck or play your cards in a different way.

Schyla and Melphina (sp?) posted a control priest that eats tickatus decks yesterday. You should go look it up.

It’s a single card from just 1 class that not only has to get corrupted, but usually can’t be cast unless the warlock isn’t worried about being killed. Tickatus is not a very useful card against the strongest decks in the meta currently. The card obviously gets played quite a bit despite all those set backs. Most games don’t reach fatigue though, so those 5 cards being milled may as well have been the last 5 in your deck.

Fatigue does matter in some matchups of course and Tickatus is great. Still, some of those games will be won by the warlock or the opponent before fatigue damage even starts. A card like Jaraxus is often just as insurmountable as Tickatus for control decks.

I just don’t think it really matters though. Maybe if Control Lock was a better deck in the meta my opinion would change, but as it stands Control Lock only has favorable matchups against a couple of the 8 decks that have better win rates according to HSReplay (not taking into account the many variations of every archetype).

I can build a control deck with a favorable matchup against Control Lock and other control decks. This will come at a cost though. Lets just assume Face Hunter becomes practically unwinnable because of how I designed the deck. Now it may not be an unwinnable match because of any single card that hunter’s are playing currently, but it doesn’t change the fact that the standard Face hunter lists are not something I focused on trying to beat when designing my deck.

Every deck has its own strengths and weaknesses. If the deck you want to play can’t beat a specific deck out there, either change the deck enough so you can beat it or accept that this one matchup is a loss. This goes for every deck, not just control lists.

1 Like

If you’re priest… Mulligan for your best cards. Your late game cards. They can’t burn them if they are already in your hand

There’s a nerf suggestion out there that would prop up the card that Tickatus currently counters for it to instead counter Tickatus.

Battlecry: Burn the bottom 5 cards in your deck.

Now Polkelt would counter Tick rather than Tick countering Polkelt.

1 Like

Listen, with how many tutoring and “from your deck” cards exists today, it’s not correct to use the argument “might as well been the bottom 5 you’d never have drawn”.

Especially for priest, where burning cards they haven’t drawn actually kills many cards they have in hand. It’s a double whammy

I am arguing that it actually burns the bottom 5 cards.

As in changing it.

Then you put Polkelt on your Priest deck and burn the low cost cards at the bottom of the deck that were low impact in the late game.

2 Likes

hs is became totally desperate game.

isn’t it weird to build entire deck just because of one class card in this game that nobody likes?

OK i get what you mean. I was targeting more the idea in general that “burning 5 cards doesn’t matter, you could just consider them the bottom 5 you’d never have played”

When you have cards with no utility other than “copy from deck” or “draw from deck” then it totally does matter that those cards remain in the deck…

Oh, I am sorry, I missed where control priest as common in the meta was viable at all much less against tickatus.

Did I say they built a deck just to beat tickatus?

The only reason tickatus culls priests is that priest doesn’t have a class win condition. This issue shows up in lots of other match ups, too. They went out and built a control deck with neutral win conditions that does better than what’s currently passing for control priest.

So no, it wasn’t about one card at all, it was about a lack of genuine tools in the priest class and they solved that in an unexpected and brilliant way… instead of asking for nerfs to other classes and whining about unfun game and tackatas burnz meh pressush cards, nooooo like other people do.