This game so rigged

There isn’t a hidden element. It’s an open element. It’s called matchmaking by skill.

Yeah they are a greedy company but they don’t need to spend extra resources with some convoluted rigging scheme. Rigging means they have to do constant maintenance to keep it rigging as people figure out how to play around yesterdays counter.

There is literally a hidden mechanic that after awhile forces you into a match that beats your deck. It’s more often than you think it is too.

No, there isn’t. It’s just you playing better players because you won

1 Like

Is the game rigged? Yes.

Is it rigged against you? Again, yes.

Did they push the button on your account? Of course.

Does the game have more rigging than a sailboat? Yes.

Is the game more fixed than an adoption dog? Again, yes.

Have millions of accounts came here to say this? Yes.

Do they same handful of regulars spam these threads every single time? Yes.

The answer to every question asked, every question ever asked and every question that will be asked including if there will ever be a no answer is yes.

I want you to think on that. Think long and hard.

1 Like

No, with all due respect, I’m not thinking long on your stupid.

People that think Hearthstone is rigged should go play MTG Arena to see what rigged matchmaking really looks like.

I thought it was the land draws that were rigged

I know for a fact it’s rigged. I can’t lose. Twice I even made a mage and shot every spell to my own face and still won.

I was so upset, I passed every turn and emoted the other player hoping to make sure they would kill me. They conceded and added me as a friend and told me I was the best player they ever faced and couldn’t figure out my strategy.

A part from one of the most popular steam reviews that didn’t like the game:

lot of text

A lot of people complain by saying it’s “rigged” but they never exactly explain HOW it’s rigged. It’s mostly just people who recognize something is very off with MTG Arena compared to Magic Online or IRL magic. This is interesting, because the other online Magic the Gathering game doesn’t have this issue! Magic Online is very old and plays like old accounting software where the economy is ruined(I mean run) by bots. (Don’t play MODO either, it sucks in a whole other way, although it is a zillion times less expensive.)

The problem here is understanding how it’s “rigged” and why this manifests itself in such a way. To understand this we must understand how MTG Arena works:

(Note: Every claim here is substantiated by Wizards themselves via Twitter etc.)

-You must understand how EOMM match making works. A 50% win/loss ratio is scientifically proven to cause higher consistent player retention and therefore create more possible revenue. Also consider increased time played increases the sunken cost fallacy of time spent on the game which therefore causes players to stick to just the game they spent the most money on. EOMM basically works on the same principle that the “near miss” trick that carnival games use, or those “snip the wire, or stack the blocks” arcade type games. Near misses cause retention to try one more time since you were “oh so close!”
-If you win a lot it will try to adjust your win rate by making you go second more often. On my quest for rank 1 mythic, when I finally achieved this I was going first around ~36% of the time.
-It tracks “deck strength” and tries to match you up against a deck of similar “strength”, but this is very subjective and once you get “bubbled” as “Good against Mono Red” you’ll NEVER play against that deck again. You never want to get “bubbled” as “Bad against X” since that’s where you will get matched up with and you will need to adjust to cover your weakness. The best decks therefore either have low “apparent” deck strength, but high “actual” deck strength, or are adaptable to various scenarios. (For example, it doesn’t consider your sideboard for upfront deck strength so “wishing” for cards in your sideboard gets around the deck based portion of the upfront deck strength calculation. Just keep in mind you will still get “bubbled” “good against deck X” if you beat the same deck over and over.)
-When playing draft make sure to also consider which cards the game considers “high deck strength cards” probably based on that cards win rate across all draft decks it’s in. So a somewhat powerful rare/mythic creature that is splashable in your deck may not be worth taking since your deck strength will increase significantly which will in turn increase the average power level of decks you’ll be matched up against(and they will also likely have just as many rares or mythic rares as you do!) Since you can’t guarantee you will draw that card every game to combat this, it often times makes it not worth it to take! Instead consider a common or uncommon that is also powerful, but keeps your draft deck as “low deck strength” as possible. You also have to consider how often other people draft a card and actually win with it. There are a lot of undervalued rare/mythic cards that are good, but people never play them and don’t actually win with them; therefore, they actually have low deck strength. Abusing this knowledge leads to much easier and consistent wins… which leads me to my final section of this review:

Because your deck is trash and you are relying on a rng to win. A word of advice. Play a deck that lets you control what you do.

What deck nowadays does not rely on RNG in Hearthstone please name one because all darks are in ever class. the only different some rely on it more than others because of the card pool.

Is Goramier an idiot? Yes

This is how it works? Nice! Can I use that, it looks fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Man that really hurt my feelings. Gosh darn it. Shux.

1 Like

I have explained multiple times how the game is rigged, why they do it and how obvious it is. I’m not doing it again.

Then maybe make you profile public so we can look up your old posts

1 Like

Jeremy spoke in class todayyy

Why is this even being entertained? Are you all so desperate for attention?

Even if the game is 100% rigged so what? That means your opponents are also rigged in the same way and it’s a zero sum 1v1 game. Who’s gaining from this rigging because for Blizzard it doesn’t matter who wins what game. The only thing Blizzard cares about is to keep you their product playing.

no it doesn’t mean that. It can be rigged against someone. I am positive this is a thing.