This forum is nothing but mage hate

Does mage even have a tier 2 deck right now? It doesn’t seem to matter.
I counted no less than five articles complaining about Mage and I wasn’t counting very hard.
This forum never changes. Players will complain until Mage is a piece of bottom tier unplayable trash before they decide that it’s “fine”.
Every expansion for seven years. Same old complaints, and if you doubt that just look back at the archived complaints.
Maybe Priest has had more, but it would be a very near thing.

8 Likes

you main mage. so every time anyone complains about them you take it as a personal attack. there were more priest hate threads during a single week of the last expansion than anything to do with mage, since i’ve started playing.

20 Likes

I did allow for that. It seems like every spell based class gets this treatment.
Shaman has been crap for a long time now, but were it strong We would undoubtedly see the same thing.
This forum has been reduced to nothing but: “I lost, nerf the class that beat me”

1 Like

Hello? Have you ever met the good man Tickatus?

I hear he’s a really problematic mage, or something, right?

13 Likes

I have not seen a single person who makes a legitimate argument as to why Mage should be nerfed after the Deck of Luncay nerf. It’s just people venting. I would ignore em dude.

3 Likes

Mage is evil just like the dark side it has to be destroyed. :smiling_imp:

Mage is evil just like the dark side it has to be destroyed.

The evil counterpart of mage is warlock.

The amount of threads asking for mage nerfs is completely disproportionate for a class that hasn’t really had many tier 1 decks as of late.

Mage had a 51% winrate with lunacy, and half the forum were threads screaming for lunacy nerfs. Meanwhile Paladin with a 59% winrate was rarely mentioned.

Even now that lunacy is nerfed, spell mage has become a tier 3 deck, and paladin remains oppressive with several tier 1 decks, there are still more threads asking for mage nerfs than paladin nerfs.

Not sure why that is.

2 Likes

All the mages complain threads I found were for wild. All but 1 thread I could find for standard came from you. The one standard one I found came from before the nerfs, and 1 person wrote on it.

8 Likes

Blizzard should really split the forum to Standard vs Wild. We sometime get confused of what someone claims when they were really talking about another format.

1 Like

no minion mage would be it atm. tho i wonder what happend to the concept of secret burn mage. also hero power mage for standard would do the trick as well.

kinda busy making a deck for myself with elementals but i think im getting there.

It’s not only about mage, it’s about anything.

If you want to read something serious then don’t click the “accurate tier list” button.

ACCURATE TIER LIST

Note: tier list based on my opinion about what I read on the forum; it may be biased

Ticketus is TierS in this forum since it was introduced; no matter if it wasn’t a problem 4 months ago or if it isn’t now, just the possibility that it may be broken hurts someone.

Mage was Tier S too for some a week, but after the nerf it went down to Tier 1.
Still pretty good: there are people complaining about turn 4 DoL literally always, Incanter’s flow is apparently broken since it cheats out 30 mana (lol) and refreshing water should draw 1 card.

Hunter is also a good Tier 1, maybe even better than mage; like ticketus, the fact that he has many uncounterable cards, like Trampling Rhino, the card that when handbuffed can trade a 1/1 to deal 10 damage to you for free, made many people unconfortable.
A good idea should be to nerf the rhino to 6 mana, so hunter can go back to play the 1 drop with spell burs and voracious reader, something that I am sure will be way healthier and interactive.

Paladin is a solid Tier 2, because if there is something that people hate is when cards cost less than what they should.
No matter if your deck is build around libram, if you play a 9 mana card for 6 mana, then the class is OP.
If you have a 2 mana weapon with 1 attack that cheats out a secret for free from your deck, you are doing something really OP that should be nerfed.

With much surprise, priest deserves the Tier 3 spot: before the ticketus introduction, many people complained about the ResidentSleeper style of priest, but now it’s a story of the past.
Ticketus was a real meta breaker and shifted the entire forum attention on him: I don’t even see posts about Raza priest being broken in wild, but that’s probably because of mage, who is at tier1 also for this reason.
It’s still higher than other classes, due the amount of ResidentSleeper priest players who are against anything that can win without needing a board to win (or a combo in hand counterable by Illucia :wink: ) .

At Tier 4, we find the OMEGALULiguess classes, like rogue, druid, warrior.
I am expecting a jump in tier by and rogue because of alexstraza + tenwu the free deal 16 damage.

Other classes don’t deserve a tier list, because there are only people who are asking for buffs instead of complaining, since these classes are pretty dead.
And with “pretty dead” I mean that they don’t have a deck that can win 90% of the time, while others are really pretty dead.

Shaman players, don’t worry: I am expecting a jump by your class too, thanks to doomhammer the uncounterable, a free weapon that can deal 20 damage in one turn alone (message taken from the future, posted by a user that created his HS account in may 2021 and wrote 1 post).

3 Likes

If it helps there’s a thread complaining about rancor too

3 Likes

I dont see green rag on that tier list :thinking:

1 Like

if “green rag” is “king krush but better”, I wanted to put it in but I think I only saw it once; so maybe it was an isolated case

I saw it! How in the world is this possible!

2 Likes

I counted the current threads asking directly or indirectly for nerfs on the front page.

5 were asking for mage nerfs
1 was asking for warlock nerfs
1 was asking for hunter nerfs
1 was asking for paladin nerfs

Combo Mage - Break from Wild
So question: Do I just take a break from hearthstone ultimately so I can wait until Mage is nerfed for it’s bs combos? …

Please hurry up and nerf hunter
They have too much low skill, no punishment cards they shouldnt be this dominant as a class…

Flamewaker Nerf? Or just stop letting mages have 0 cost bull?
At this point, I’ve run into half of the players in rank playing Flamewaker and/or Mozaki…

Blizzard lunacy
2 x nagrand slam in a row by that insane lunacy mage…

Hero power mage in wild
Good job blizzard. Your absolute lack of care for wild has created a new mage abomination…

Warlocks unplayable against
Ok so after much test playing on ranked ladder in standard I kind of concluded warlocks are unplayable against. They got far too much removal available…

Another paladin QQ Thread
Dear Blizz, must we wait another month for any reasonable paladin adjustments…

Mages, mages and more mages
Ok so thought I’d have a break from ranked standard to try and get away from all the mages on there with their still op decks of lunacy, incanters flow + refreshing spring water card draw mana cheats, board clears…

3 Likes

You’re not reading this forum carefully enough. It hates everything.

6 Likes

As a Wild Mage, let me accept all your excess hate from Standard.

We like to consume it there, like a bitter but succulent orange.

Or a Mana Biscuit.

Nyam nyam nyam.

Have fun playing Hearthstone!

Pls dude ur still on that every couple of days i see a post from you dedicating urself on the selfinflicted witchhunt that is mage being hated.

I dont see the mage hate tho i see her in every second game i play u get that right?
I play vs a hunter than mage, dh, mage, pala, mage, hunter again gues what than mage again and this goes on i play vs a warlock i instacondede than mage again and some poor priest too who try to have fun as i do we play for 15 min even tho its kind of boring but we dont want to let go cuz we know the next match is gona be THATS RIGHT MAGE.

1 Like

Ppl who cry about nagrand slam in lunacy mage is just ehhhg dont waste time on them.