This "Book of..." Trend is Disappointing

Hearthstone is supposed to be a deck building game. No one comes here for “captivating stories” or however Blizzard is selling this trash. Premade decks with incessant (and forced to listen to) talking is a huge shame.

Give me another proper Advenure, or even more, another Dungeon Run style. Heck, I’d even pay for them. I don’t care, just stop shoe-horning in content that misses the mark completely of what this game should be about.

5 Likes

Yeah, same.
I’d rather see the mercenaries clash against horrors and rivals, recruiting allies (other mercenaries) and finding treasures to the endgame:
A RIVAL APPEARS!
Already thinking of Roame faceoff, DH vs mage, priest vs shaman, hunter v warrior, rogue v druid…

I agree. I was disappointed by it. I thought the mercenary game mode was gonna be more like a “Slay the Spire” type game mode

1 Like

If they made the duels actual duels (actually random card draws, some special exceptions are fine where the deck has a special card part of the story, but no more than that) I would actually be fine with the Book Of series.

However, while I absolutely hate Dungeon Run, if they made it work like the Book Of series (losing a duel doesn’t restart the run (infinite retries), but you can still retire manually in case your drafts were just too horrible), I would be interested in giving that a try.