This "Book of..." Trend is Disappointing

Hearthstone is supposed to be a deck building game. No one comes here for “captivating stories” or however Blizzard is selling this trash. Premade decks with incessant (and forced to listen to) talking is a huge shame.

Give me another proper Advenure, or even more, another Dungeon Run style. Heck, I’d even pay for them. I don’t care, just stop shoe-horning in content that misses the mark completely of what this game should be about.

14 Likes

Yeah, same.
I’d rather see the mercenaries clash against horrors and rivals, recruiting allies (other mercenaries) and finding treasures to the endgame:
A RIVAL APPEARS!
Already thinking of Roame faceoff, DH vs mage, priest vs shaman, hunter v warrior, rogue v druid…

I agree. I was disappointed by it. I thought the mercenary game mode was gonna be more like a “Slay the Spire” type game mode

1 Like

If they made the duels actual duels (actually random card draws, some special exceptions are fine where the deck has a special card part of the story, but no more than that) I would actually be fine with the Book Of series.

However, while I absolutely hate Dungeon Run, if they made it work like the Book Of series (losing a duel doesn’t restart the run (infinite retries), but you can still retire manually in case your drafts were just too horrible), I would be interested in giving that a try.

Actually I love this type except the broken fights in Guffs chaptor. I would pay for more of this.

1 Like

Blizz only listens to twitter and reddit. :confused: They’re a trip A company running as a group of newbies.

Totally agree! Adventures and dungeon runs were really fun. Even Dr. Boom’s lab was better then these books. I don’t mind origins stories, but not in that format.

I have liked the content just fine when it comes to actually play it, but I otherwise have to hard agree that it’s lazy and grew tiresome only months into its conception.

1 Like

Merc mode not out yet

Can’t say I really care about the book of heroes type stuff. I’d much rather have adventures and dungeon runs.

Book of Etc… is a simple solution for a lazy company.

-Valas

Yes, but the mode don’t have any deckbuilding or gameplay related to vanilla HS.

Guff chapter is really broken especially Mutanus. I am nearly to the point of ‘screw it no deck is worth this’. And this is coming from someone who is somewhat of an obsessive completest.

2 Likes

Honestly, even if it were just the option to build our own decks that would be more exciting than having to use a precon.

I love them. Plus it’s great for people to have this experience f2p also it’s a mode to play when we are baby raging.

I just started book of mercenaries and these things are so boring. It also seems like card draw is rigged and always the same cards pop up everytime

I have noticed the same cards being drawn / offered at start of game on several occasions. Some are for obvious intentions (the enemy summons a huge board in the middle of the fight and you draw the only game saving answer)

Other end bosses offer you the same mulligan at the start.

I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s rigged as much as it is intended to happen, but I can see your point in the lack of creativity / options that forces.

-Valas

Sadly you have to complete it or you will not be able to continue the story with other heroes.

Well you could abanon it but I finally got past that point. Sheesh was that unnecessarily hard and RNG based. Made the Lich King look simple.

The book adventures have added a lot of context and depth to the cards we’re playing and the characters we’re seeing.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d prefer another Dalaran Heist or ToT. But at least Blizzard has made a solid attempt at worldbuilding, even if the quality is somewhat inconsistent (Rokara’s HP choosing was really fun while many of the Heroes have bland gameplay).

1 Like