The worst legendary of the new expansion

Legendary · Minion · Showdown in the Badlands · At the end of your turn, gain 5 Corpses. At the start of your turn, spend 5 Corpses to give your hero +5 Health.
Trades horrible into almost anything. I think this card is similar to
Epic · Minion · Core · At the start of your turn, destroy ALL minions.
Because it’s mostly a taunt minion without taunt (because the opponent doesn’t you to get the payoff) but I think 0/7 for 2 mana is better than 1/8 for 4 mana and doomsayer is not even playable. If it gets at least 2 attack might be decent.
I mean if you want corpses you’d rather play this
Rare · Spell · Showdown in the Badlands · Summon four 1/1 Undead with Rush that die at the end of turn.
Only 1 rune and it’s 4 damage with rush for 3 mana.

1 Like

Heck no dude. Worst Legendary would go to something like Snake Eyes or Slagmaw.

Maw and Paw is a must-kill legendary because it’s a self-sustaining engine for Rainbow DK. That also increases max health. The card is bonkers, and can even be paired with Sinister Soulcage.

3 Likes

No way, Snake Eyes at least discovers you some cards and Slagmaw is 4 mana destroy a removal card from the opponent’s hand.

So is Maw and Paw, but Maw and Paw also gives many corpses and fuels Rainbow DK. Instead of just being a horrible tempo loss that comes online 4+ turns after you play it.

Legendary · Minion · Showdown in the Badlands · Cards that didn

Because everyone remembers the horrible two years of Hearthstone created by:

Epic · Minion · Forged in the Barrens · Cards that didn

A legendary that cannot provide any real discount until turn 6 at the earliest (and far more likely much, much later) is just flat out awful.

At most Tae’thelan can discount 7 cards that are 5-mana or less.

And that’s only if you also play Audio Amplifier and wait for turn 11 at the earliest.

1 Like

Come on now have sunset volley hand, play audio splitter and have it die, then on turn 4 play tae’thelan and then coin out a 6 mana sunset volley the next turn. That is totally what dreams are made of.

1 Like

Worst legendary of the set is hands down Badlands Bandits, that card is just so hilariously bad.

I didn’t think it was very good, but I’ve been fairly impressed with it so far; it combos really well with the Paladin titan.

Gonna disagree on this one. For control mage combined with sunwell and energy shaper this could work out to be a lot of fun.

Not that the Warlock will let you get that far.

2 Likes

If we factor in flavor to any degree, I’d have to agree.

You can argue that Maw and Paw isn’t a powerful card, but that flavor is just (chef’s kiss). Tae’thelan is a bit vanilla on flavor but at least not bad. But having a bandits card for the sheriff class… it’s like a negative flavor score. A flavor abomination.

At least that’s how I feel about the expansion I’m not even playing.

Gotta be this:

Followed by this:
Legendary · Spell · Showdown in the Badlands · Get eight 3/2 Bandits with bonus effects. Any that can

I came back from Hearthstone and now using these new cards makes it useless for me.

Rainbow DK is not a serious deck, and maw and paw don’t even slightly make it one.

There are far better sources of corpses, and the payoff on this card isn’t even particularly good.

It’s trash… this could be a rare and no one would care.

2 Likes

I love Flint Firearm in my Frost DK decks with Horn of Winter. Just so much value.

Just leave it on the board for me then so I can launch a 22-damage CNE on curve like the Dragon Druid did yesterday. Gained 25 max health, too.

I mean, yes, if your opponent is bad and ignores it and is playing a crazy slow deck that lets you ramp CNE like that…

You can do the same thing an azerite snake can do by turn 7 over 10+ turns!

Rainbow DK will never be a meta deck so long as it’s payoff card is a pyroblast you have to build around.

Objectively worse is The Badlands Bandits

Subjectively worse is Tae’thelan Bloodwatcher

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. I even showed a 3 cost mana card that gives 4 corpses instead of 5 with a much bigger upside, which is also a rare card. At 4 mana 2/8 you might consider including Maw and Paw into a deck, but at 1/8 nobody will play this.

Obviously you are playing crop rotation also, you need a lot of corpse generation and consumption to power up CNE.

I mean normally yes. But when ETC exists and the cards in there are technically not in your deck. It’s a meme but it’s a fun meme.
Speaking as a guy who played Prison of Yogg Saron for 3 mana.