Anyone else caught in this doom loop where you try to open the client and get:
“The last time you opened Hearthstone, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?
If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself.”
I’ve tried all the posted solutions, reinstalled, etc. No luck. Just can’t play it. For some with Razer Synapse installed it resolves when you turn it off. I don’t have that installed, so no luck.
Anyone else have it or figured it out?
Are you in windowed mode? Can you leave that before launch?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? It sucks, but it’s often the best way out of these sort of crash loops because there’s often some flag “stuck in the wrong pole” under the hood.
I have tried the uninstall/reinstall dance three times
no luck.
I had been playing in windowed mode last night completely fine. Now, it just won’t run. Have tried deleting caches, preferences. Nothing works.
We’re past myac knowledge, sorry. Is there a way to clear everything for certain? Like, I know in Windows an application’s data can survive it being uninstalled and reinstalled because the OS, or perhaps Blizzard, wants to be helpful.
I dunno about that. But thank you for chiming in an trying!
1 Like