The new ingame event

Asks you to pick a path, but I don’t know why I would pick one or the other.

Is there any information about the event and the impact of the choice?

I tried to hunt for some but came up empty.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

One is mostly for ranked, one is primarily for battlegrounds

1 Like

First option is if you are a Hearthstone player that doesn’t play Battlegrounds.
Second option is if you don’t play the main mode but play Battlegrounds and don’t have a collection, therefore you get the most out of the Catch-Up pack.

The choice is rather simple. If your collection isn’t empty from FOL, TITANS and Badlands you pick the first option.

Alternatively, you can approach it by considering whether you play Standard or Battlegrounds. If you don’t play Standard, choose the second option. If you don’t play Battlegrounds, opt for the first option. If you engage in both, go with the first option again, since it gives most rewards.

1 Like

The information look pretty well indicated, at least as for the rewards
Either 4 Whizbang packs, 2 standard packs and a hearthstone paladin skin
or a catch up pack, a standard pack, and a battleground curator skin

1 Like

Where are you seeing this? I just have pictures of two faces and am being told to pick one.

Click on a face, it will display the reward underneath

2 Likes

I hadn’t done that because I didn’t know if it would actually select the choice from the click.

Thanks.

2 Likes

You even have to confirm your choice after that.
The confirmation box vaguely indicates you what your quests will lean on (constructed or battlegrounds)

1 Like

NOTE: Choosing the one path means you play DUO BG. The other is for Traditional HS. The rewards don’t seem very equal to each other. You do the BG route you are most likely going to end up with less cards unless they have changed the ‘catch-up’ packs to be better than they were at launch. I got maybe 5 cards in most of the packs I purchased back then. So an unknown number of cards for catch-up & 5 traditional or 20 Wizbangs & 10 traditional.

1 Like

The number of cards you obtain form catch up packs is pretty clear, but not perfectly indicated in the game.
The emptier your collection, the greater the number of cards, up to 50 cards if you had less than 25% in all targeted expansions, down to 5 once you reach 75% completion, iirc

This is the article for the first iteration. I believe they changed the content of the packs with the new year so I don’t know what expansions are in them now, nor if they only contain 3 expansions

How Do Catch-Up Packs Work?

Here are all the tasty details:

• Number of Cards: Each Badlands Catch-Up Pack includes 1-10 cards from each of the five included sets, for a total of 5-50 cards per pack. The number of cards you get from each set is based on the percentage of cards you’ve received* from that set:
    • 25% or less of that set: 10 cards from that set
    • 75% or more of that set: 1 card from that set
    • Between 25% and 75% completion: scales with collection completion percentage
  • Rarity Distribution: At least 20% (rounded up) of the cards in each Catch-Up Pack will be a Rare or better. The overall rarity distribution for Catch-Up Packs is the same as normal packs.
  • Quality: All cards are normal quality (non-Golden).
  • First Legendary Guarantee: One Legendary in the first 50 cards from each expansion (yes, that means you get to capture five different Legendary offering bonuses in these packs).

The paladin skin of the event looks better than many paid skins…

3 Likes

There is only one true Paladin skin.

1 Like

I’ll take a shot. Annoy-O-Tron?

I can’t post the picture but
Prince Arthas. That portrait is a nightmare to earn.

1 Like

Épique · Héros · undefined ·

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good one. I’m mainly a warlock player, and for me the old and new N’Zoth portraits are first class. I also like the Leroy Jenkins paladin portrait.

I went through that as well, lol.

1 Like

I have to agree. I don’t like to use female Paladin portraits, but this one looks good really! Nice job with that one and also with the event quest track, they really didn’t add hard quests this time! +1 :clap: :clap:

I didn’t even try to get that one… Arthas was just a traitor… not worthy for me to use as a Paladin portrait… He is the biggest shame of the Paladins… he killed his own father and became the Lich King… if I remember right. :confused: