The damage was already done

I fired up my machine this morning before work to play some games and knock out some quests.

I looked at the increased reqs, my three full daily slots, and the fact that I haven’t even touched the ridiculously stupid tavern brawl for this week… and just logged out.

That’s it. Didn’t care. No interest. Don’t have the stomach to push through this crap right now.

Great job, team!

10 Likes

uh the dailies werent changed…so why mention them

I had the exact same reaction a few days ago. However, I took it a step further and deleted the game because I refuse to endorse this change in any way. I’ll only reinstall if it’s completely reverted or genuinely improves.

Or perhaps I won’t reinstall at all. They need to understand that they rely on us, not the other way around.

6 Likes

Perhaps because the despicable, greedy, and deceitful player manipulation with regards to the weekly quests so thoroughly disgusted him that he can’t stomach playing the game, even with 3 daily quests filling up all the slots.

2 Likes

What did you expect from Blizzard Activision. You think they care about you. You look like floating money bags to them.

4 Likes

Best line of the day, LOL!

5 Likes

I always reroll the Tavern Brawl/battleground quest. I don’t play those modes enough.

• The 10 wins on ladder, it always happen anyway, with or without quest, so i don’t really mind.
  • The 75 battlecry cards also happened seamlessly. In fact, since win or lose the battlecry cards count anyway, this is a very easy quest to complete.
  • The 32 miniature cards however is troublesome, there are far fewer miniature cards in game than battlecry cards, and only a handful of deck play them (demon hunter, mage, priest or rogue), so this one may take too long, i think i’m going to reroll.

If i have one suggestion, i would prefer that when you reroll a quest, it keeps the same reward. Sometimes, the amount of XP rewards decrease when you reroll a quest.

Iv played since release and i kinda feel the same way op…

If you’re a paying customer, correct.

If you’re a free to play player, then no. You rely on them, not the other way around.

1 Like

Yeah tell that to Artifact , you need the F2P customers as much as you need those that pay.
Have an ecosystem with whales only and no plankton and see how long that lasts…

5 Likes

Yeah but one single plankton leaving the ecosystem has no effect. Either it’s systemic, or it doesn’t effect the system

That’s exactly how mobile games thrive. Very few like Candy Crush can exist on a regular customer. There’s an entire industry built around how to create the most addictive and predatory system. Normal sane/rational people do not spend hundreds and/or thousands of dollars on these types of games.

1 Like

only the win 10 ranked games is re rolled to one with less exp ALL the other weekly have the same reward

Not true, since:

1. F2Ps can always find other free to play games. Blizzard doesn’t own the game market anymore.
  2. Unless Blizzard uses advanced AI bots to fill in the void on ranked, they need krill to feed the whales.
  3. To generate momentem on social media, they need free advertisement. So these free players actually contribute a lot to their revenue.

I was a big paying customer, but I’m pretty pissed about what Blizzard have done the last few years (not only to Hearthstone). I will refuse to pay for anything that’s not worth it, even though there’s still points in my account.

1 Like

I don’t think your first point is really its own point. It’s basically just an addendum to this point.

And I already addressed this above. It’s a technically accurate point, but a single plankton’s say doesn’t really matter. You can’t really control the collective. I mean, I guess you can control yourself and that’s one tiny part, but that’s about it.

This is just delusional cope. Streamers do this (and they’re very unlikely to be f2p). You do not.

I’m sorry to hear that. After all, however, it’s only a game at the end of the day - a hobby at best. I have enough gold and dust to hold me over. Nevertheless, this is ever so clearly a nerf. It’s as though marketing doesn’t realize that while this may increase the player engagement of some players, it also hurts their bottom line because players leave when they’re treated like sh*t.

Oh, well. Is Hearthstone still the most played DCCG?

1 Like

First, it’s not the same reward. It’s more reward, providing we don’t count the fake feeling of completionism.

Second, if it is work to you, then you absolutely should NOT do the quest. The quest system is a psychologically manipulative mechanic that has a strong tendency to make people do things they don’t want to do. You shouldn’t be spending even a single second working in Hearthstone, unless you’re getting a real reward, not $1.99 in store credit monopoly money. And if you’re playing, not working, then who cares how long?

Quests should not be reverted to the way they were before, they should be completely abolished. The reaction to the quest changes proves that a huge chunk of the community can’t understand that they are optional, and that Blizzard is using quests to keep addicted players clinging to the game. Y’all do not have the mental fortitude to handle this mechanic. Increase XP per game or something to compensate, hell implement an in-game gold UBI for all I care, just delete quests forever.

1 Like

Aye. I avoid any nonstandard quests: basically any quest requiring I do something I don’t want to. If I remember correctly, though, it’s a staple of DCCGs. Yeah?

It’s increasingly clear that it’s a staple because it’s corrupt AF and keeps people playing long past the point that they otherwise would choose to. Like give your average Joe a to-do list and by some pavlovian reflex they feel compelled to complete it, even if they know it’ll make them angry.

Why can’t you people just say no? Oh well. Nevermind actually. You clearly cannot, the why doesn’t matter.

Your condescension is annoying, dude. Like I said, I complete quests that can be completed in the way I play. Should I play differently to avoid quests?

Have you ever bought packs? That’s a manipulation as well. May as well boycott the game. Why haven’t you?

2 Likes