The Arena Leaderboard in China Has Gone Missing

Hi,

I am writing this on behalf of we Arena players in China. As you may notice, Netease Co., Ltd, the Chinese delegate company of Hearthstone, has stopped posting Arena leaderboard on its website since July, which means the leaderboards from May to July 2021 (05/01 to 07/01) and from July to September 2021 (07/01 to 09/01) in China Region are not available.

We have already tried to report this via Customer Service of Netease and Chinese Hearthstone forums for multiple times, but they do not seem to care about this issue at all.

We understand that Arena Mode may be less popular than Battlegrounds and (later) Mercenaries, however, there are still at least thousands of players in China like me who are fond of this mode and play mainly or even solely Arena. A regular leaderboard serves as a stimulus for us to get involved and improved, and we felt really frustrated and disheartened when we found they stopped posting leaderboards for nearly half a year and turn a deaf ear to our voice.

We will appreciate it if you can help us solve this issue.

1 Like

I can’t agree more as an Arena-only player in China. I know a bunch of players like me who only enjoy Arena. We have been discussing Arena strategies and have kept trying and improving hard every day, and seeing our names on the leaderboard has been our only wish. Now that the leaderboards were gone, many of us no longer have the passion to improve. Some of us even give up this game totally because they simply don’t see any point in sticking with it without the leaderboard.

I know this might go beyond your duty, but we have tried everything to reach out to Netease. What we got was just like “Thanks for your reply. We will work on it.” They do not seem to care about Arena players and the mode itself that seems “unprofitable”.

Please help us. We know the leaderboards in other regions have been published. You are the only one that they might listen to. If this issue keeps going, perhaps most of the Arena players that I know will leave the game permanently in a few months.

1 Like

Hi,

I am a HS player for many years and I have many HS friends in different country. It is truly annoying to hear that the Arena players in China have to face this kind of unfair treatment. And people are starting to lose interest in playing the game, due to this issue.

Could you please take a closer look at this issue of missing leaderboards and try to figure out the details with Netease?

Think about it, the reason why Blizzard spends money and efforts on holding tournaments is to intrigue players to keep spending more online time on HS. Right now, all you need to spend is a fraction of your time to check with Netease on this issue. And to be totally frank, Netease has so many other games in China market, but HS is definitely one critical member of the Blizzard family.

SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, one single email from Blizzard to check with Netease on this arena leaderboard issue could be way louder than all the Chinese HS players calling them.

Thanks! Looking forward to hear your reply.

Day 2 of trying to get official attention on the missing arena leaderboard matter.

Day 3 of trying to get official attention on the missing arena leaderboard matter.

Since I can’t have more than 3 posts here…

Day 4 of trying to get official attention on the missing arena leaderboard matter.

Day 5 of trying to get official attention on the missing arena leaderboard matter.